CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Pretty Scary

Last night at 12:30 J was woken up by what he thought was the front screen door being opened. He got up out of bed, looked out the window, didn't see anything, and came back to bed. Told me he thought he heard the screen door open, didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Then, 6 minutes later, someone started POUNDING, really POUNDING on the front door, and ringing, ringing, ringing the door bell. To say the least, we were totally scared. All 3 dogs started barking, I think Sienna may have even been trying to get out of Big A's room to get at the front door. J flew out of bed and grabbed his hand gun and ran to the door to yell "Who is it?" Mean time, I was trying to dial 9-1-1 in the dark on a land line phone, and who ever uses those when you have a cell phone, so I couldn't get it to go through, but finally managed. And I think I heard a small rock hit the bed room window, too. Big A was standing behind his dad (I guess he figured that was a safe place, behind a big man with a big gun with big bullets in the big gun), while I ran to check on the other 2 kids, who, by the way were just sleeping peacefully and had no idea someone was trying to break down our front door.

J opened one of the shutters on the front window and couldn't see anyone, so he ventured to open the front door and go outside. I was worried, but that man is a dead shot with any gun, and he has lots of bullets in the thing. He checked the cars to make sure they hadn't been broken into or damaged (they were fine) checked both sides of the house and the stuff we have on the sides of the house, again, everything was fine. He came back in the house, and checked the back yard. Kirby was going crazy running around, and Kodi and Sienna had their hair all up in a huff. (I wouldn't want to cross Sienna on the wrong side of friendship, I think she'd chew your *$# off.)

Two RPD showed up within 5 minutes, big lights on (sorry to our neighbors if you got woken up) and we ended up knowing one of them (and while they were driving up, my bro-in-law called on J's cell, cuz he was in the station doing reports and saw our address pop up on his screen with "possible prowler" alert. He wanted to make sure we were ok and what was going on. So, the one cop started looking around the neighbors yards, walking all around to check and see if someone was hiding in a side or back yard. The other one (our friend) stood there and got the story from J and I, and said we should make sure we have the shot gun ready, and J said, nah, got my hand gun, and our buddy said, oh, that's even better. They didn't find anything in the neighborhood, but assured us they'd keep up a tight patrol all night long.

After we went back in side, we couldn't go back to sleep for a long time, and when we did, I kept waking up every time I'd hear the tiniest little noise. Too scary.

I don't know if we got Punk'd or what, but hopefully it won't happen again. Sleeping on a hand gun isn't comfortable. And I'd really hate to have to actually use it on someone, and you know I would if I had to in a heartbeat.

5 comments:

Marshall said...

SO glad you guys are safe! SO glad you have ways to keep you safe! Nicole had the same thing happen to her just a little while ago. Yikes! What is up with these people?

The Woodward Family said...

Seriously! I feel like my home is one of the safest places in the world, or at least should be, and that ones home is his sanctuary, and nothing should disturb that. Guess we are in the minority.

Cory and Traci Hurrle said...

Just another reason for me to get a concealed weapons permit.

I am so glad your fam is ok..that is very scary. Good thing for strong husbands with GUNS!

Lauren said...

AHHH! Scary! I'm so glad I'm not the husband cuz I would be crying and hiding under my covers! Yeay for our strong honeys with guns!

The Woodward Family said...

Strong husbands that aren't afraid to use guns, either! But glad we didn't have to. Especially being in backgrounds right now. That could be real fun to explain and add to an already huge background packet.