Wow, a few things going on that are crazy...
First, my sister and I couldn't get in touch with my dad. His cell phone went right to voice mail and his answering picked up at the house. So, I got a call from him yesterday. From Boston. As in Massachusetts. He and Sally decided to take a little vacation. So they went back east, as both have never been there. They went to Atlantic City, NY City and all the sights there, Philly, and now they are in Boston and working there way up to see the fall colors. Crazy. So unlike him. He sounded happy and said he's having a great time. Good for him. The past three years were hard on him.
Second, summer has finally come to an end around these parts. It's been in the 80's for weeks now; very unseasonably warm and dry. But, today, we're only supposed to hit 73, tomorrow, 64, and Saturday, 61, with a chance of rain and snow in the mountains. All good things must come to an end.
Third, gas is steadily coming down. It's at $3.45. Still seriously high, but better than the $4.45 we were paying during the summer. At least I'm almost filling up my tank finally.
Fourth, they FINALLY found Steve Fossets plane. Near Mammoth Lakes, CA. A hiker found some things belonging to him, and found his plane about 1/4 of a mile from there. I can't even begin to tell you how SICK I am of hearing about this mysterious disappearance 13 months ago, and all the money that has been spent in trying to find him. People only care and only spent money no one has to spend (ie tax dollars) because he was rich and famous. Average people go missing every day, and there is never the media frenzy or hoopla like this one. I do feel bad for his family, but come on already. Move on. They said the damage to the plane would indicate no one could have possibly survived, but they didn't find any remains. This is sick, but Big A said, "There are bears and coyotes up in those mountains, he was dinner." Anyways, in a week or so, the media frenzy will be over, and we can all move on with our lives and hear about other things in the news besides Steve Fosset...like, maybe the failing economy?
And, my sister has been downgraded to 8 broken ribs and a shattered pelvis. My cell phone died yesterday (could be because I forgot to charge it) so I couldn't call, but I will today. My dad called her, and then called me, but I missed the call due to making dinner, so his voice mail didn't say much, but he's going to call me again this afternoon.
It's time to start getting the Fall/Halloween decorations out, and I can't believe it. It was just May, wasn't it? But with the cooler, cloudier weather, I think I'm ready.
So, anyways, that's what's going on in these neck of the woods. Just in case you cared to know.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Too Seriously Crazy
Posted by The Woodward Family at 8:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
Its finally cooling off here too. We're down to the high 90's!!!
I think a pie will make it all better!
Hope your sister recovers OK. Ouch!!
That is all pretty crazy. Remember when we were on that youth hike and the missing hiker that had been in the news was being pulled out in a body bag? Crazy happens. What can you do?
Post a Comment