Of course I forgot the camera..but, Mr. Butler's class won the People's Choice Award. Louie Blue's class didn't win anything...:(
Mr. Butler's class was so cute...they picked a theme of Pigskin Gridiron Chili. His teacher is the advisor for video club, so they did a video with all the kids wearing mostly Mr. Butler's Lancer jersey in a tune/theme of Green Eggs and Ham, like, you can eat it in a hole (and the kid was in a hole) or you can eat it in a bowl (the kid was holding a bowl) etc. It was really cute. And, this teacher is also the MC, and has music from his i-pod and he comments and he's really fun. I can see why Mr. Butler likes school and his teacher so much this year...
Louie Blue's theme was All Night Chili. The had art work outside their door, but I wasn't really seeing a theme, but she said they had a secret ingredient of coffee in their chili. Huh? I wasn't very impressed.
Big A's kindergarten teacher now teaches at the school the little kids are in now, so we talked to her for a bit. Mr. Butler could only stick around for a while before heading off to football practice, Big A saw a friend from work and some of the kids he used to go to school with, and we visited with a few friends from church.
It was a nice evening. I just love our school! We have good teachers and administrators, they do a lot of good fun things and I love that we live so close!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Chili Fest
Posted by The Woodward Family at 2:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Sounds like fun. That sure was unique theme for a school function. Half of my kids probably wouldn't have eaten a thing though. We make chili ourselves that's pretty good. So my kids grumble a lot.
I am finally back. It took me forever to catch up on Kim's blog.
Post a Comment