CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 13, 2008

5 Things About Me...

Janika tagged me...

1. When I count cash, it has to all be facing up, and going the same direction or I just can not count it. The heads have to be facing my right, and it has to be in stacks with $100 bills on the left going down to the right to end with the $1 bills. If I'm counting it and come across one out of order, upside down or backwards, I have to fix it and start counting it all over again. This comes from my first job as a car hop at A & W, where I had to count change and use a money pouch, so the money had to be in proper order to insure correct change and to help speed up the process. And yes, I can REALLY count back change without a stupid cash register to tell me how to do it.

2. I am addicted to lotion and soft skin. After a shower, I cover my wet body with baby oil, and then dry off and lather my skin again with lotion. After washing my hands, I have to immediately put lotion on, and I am putting lotion on all day long. And it has to a certain kind of lotion, too. St. Ives. I just can't use any thing else. It's not that my hands are dry, I just hate the way they feel without fresh lotion on them.

3. I have to rock. When my mom was pregnant with me, she had to sit in a rocking chair as that was pretty much the only chair she could a. be comfortable in and b. the only comfortable chair she could get out of by rocking herself out of it. Then, when I was born, she would rock and nurse me in the same chair and rock me to sleep and read to me while rocking. As I grew older, I still had the need to rock and my parents always had to have a rocking chair in the house, and I would literally break the springs on the rockers because I rocked so much. When we'd go out of town, I'd go stir crazy because I wouldn't have a rocker. One summer I spent with my sister in Utah, and they bought a cheap rocker so I could have one and not go crazy. I still rock. In our house, we have a cozy rocker and a glider I will sit in if I can't get the nice one. I would rather nap in my rocker than in my bed, just so I can rock.

4. I have to wear earrings when I go out. Even if they are little ones. When I do go out without them, and then realize I've done so, it makes me grouchy, and I'll keep tugging on my ear lobes because I feel naked and I can't function really well. I've had my ears pierced since I was 5 and it was the last birthday present from my grandma, as she died the end of that summer, so I feel like I have to wear earrings to honor her memory and to be fully dressed.

5. Yeah, I cut my hair again...I just can't stand all the natural curl and big poofy frizz, so I cut it into a more manageable bob.

5 comments:

The Woodward Family said...

Oh, and I don't tag anyone, because pretty much everyone has only done this one...

The Woodward Family said...

I mean already done it...

Janika said...

I use to be that way about lotion too, and yes, St Ives is awesome. I am not so dependent on lotion since I moved out of the desert. Go figure.

Lauren said...

Ha ha! You are funny. I love reading tags and getting to know people better!!

Andrea said...

I am the same way with money. Now I am passing it on to my kids. I cant stand it when people hand crumpled up bills to pay. I also don't like it when I get change back and it's all a mess. Funny how things just stick from when we were young. I learned how to handle money at my job at an ice cream parlor when I was 14.