
I'm beginning to feel like this smoke from CALIFORNIA will be with us forever. I miss my mountains. It's so smokey, I can't even tell where they are, and where the sky begins.
This is the view I prefer...
My nose and eyes are tired of the smoke too...I have gone through 1 1/2 boxes of Kleenex this week. I thought I was getting sick, but I realized it's not a cold, it's just smoke. YUCK!
I'm worried that it'll still be thick tomorrow night, and the fireworks won't be very good for us. Although we live just down the street from the park where one set of fireworks are, we prefer to go to Wild Island, climb to the top of a slide tower, and have a (usually) great view of the entire Truckee Meadows, and we can see both the Reno and Sparks fireworks, and to go home, we get right on the freeway, and the only traffic we encounter is everyone leaving the park headed home, just near our house...and they are all headed the opposite direction, so we pull into the drive way and have our heads resting in our cozy pillows before the traffic has even moved...gotta love that! However, if the smoke is thick, we may not even be able to see the Reno one. I'm sure the colorful glow will be nice, though, right?
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Smokey update
Posted by The Woodward Family at 9:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I remember the first summer it got really nasty from all the wildfires. It was the first time "the moon shall be turned to blood" had immediate relevance and felt like a fulfillment of prophecy. Stay inside and don't forget to change the filter on your A/C
I am SO tired of the smoke too! It is really cutting into my training!
Post a Comment