CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Oh, and my dad...

is probably moving to Santa Cruz...mixed feelings about that. Going to visit will be harder...and more costly...and less frequently...but...Santa Cruz does have the Beach Boardwalk...and the ocean...and is oh so close to Monterey Bay Aquarium, and the red woods, and all the things I grew up loving to visit, and my children haven't been blessed to see and do yet. He put an offer in on a house, so it's still early. But, he is having a really hard time in Yerington without mom, and Sundays are killing him at church...everyone is always asking how he's doing, and although, they mean well, it's hard for him to have to answer positively, and his mind is always on my mom when she used to be there with him, her funeral, and how lonely he is sitting alone at church. And Pat and Shirley are both in poor health and don't always make it to church. He will always love my mom, but it could be time for a change, and I know my mom would be so unhappy if my dad were unhappy. She lived to make him happy, and would still want him to be happy even if she couldn't be here to do it. Christmas by the ocean this year? Could be fun.

4 comments:

Kim and family said...

I only wish my sister moved somewhere fun to visit. You don't know how much I can't stand Texas. How far of a drive is it to Santa Cruz for you? I hope it is a good move for him. I hope that things will be all right for you with him moving away.

The Woodward Family said...

I think Santa Cruz is about 5 hours. But I can't be sure, it's been over 20 years since I was last there. I'll be ok with him down there, except for the price of gas and cost of filling up a suburban to get there...and taking time off from work...

Janika said...

If your dad doesn't have room for you to stay with him in Santa Cruz, you can always sit on a hotel balcony and throw raisins at people passing on the street--don't forget to ask them what time it is when they look up. :))

The Woodward Family said...

And sing the Dreams Really Can Come True song...