CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

It was funny and got funnier...

Yesterday morning, just as I was ready to leave for work, I looked out the window and what did I see? Popcorn, oh, no, wait, that's not my story...I saw this tiny little old Asian woman RUNNING down our street carrying a HUGE bag of soda cans, and following close behind, a little old Asian man, driving his Toyota Camry. We all laughed until she was out of our sight. Then we got in the car, pulled out of the driveway, and saw what she was in such a big hurry for...the neighbors across the street corner from us are a bunch of 20-something college guys, and being that Wednesday is trash and recycle day, she hit the Nevada jackpot (at least for her) in tons of beer cans. She was like a kid on Christmas morning. We sat and just watched her a minute or so...It was really funny. She was working hard to make money off of other peoples trash...forward to my nail appointment, and telling my nail lady the story. We both laughed about it, and wondered how much money she'd make? 3, 4 bucks? Probably as much as her husband spent in the gas following her around...forward to this morning...my nail lady called to tell me a funny story. I missed her call and she left the following on my voice mail...she was getting her baby into her car seat and heard someone yelling "Excuse me" at her, she looked up, and there was a little old Hispanic lady standing there, with a large bag, full of...you guessed it, soda cans! Then the lady asked my nail lady if she could take her cans out of her recycle bin. She said yeah, I guess, and it was like Christmas morning all over again. She said she laughed all the way into her salon, and just had to share it with me. I laughed...I guess times are tough when you have little old ladies cruising the neighborhoods for cans...and their husbands follow behind in the car...

0 comments: