You'll never guess who I ran into last night when I was picking Mr. Butler up from Scouts...George Keele!!!! He was up at my Stake Center for a missionary meeting. He said to tell you 3 girls hi! He has not changed one bit from how I remember him as our Stake leader back in the 80's. A few more grey hairs maybe, but that's it. Jan, remember when we didn't recognize him in "normal" clothes on the MS Dixie? Fun times. I miss those fun carefree days of youth, don't you? Man, that was a long time ago, wasn't it?
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
I have always remembered him as a wonderful guy. I was happy to hear Jodi married someone related to him.
Me to. His cousin use to be in my ward, also, and she was just as wonderful as him.
I LOVE this man and his family. Cory saw him too that night Dove and I was pissed that I missed him. He was our Stake President for YEARS and a dear friend to my family. Mark my words, that man will be a general authority one day.
I have to agree Traci! I'm suprised he's not already. One time we had him and his dear wife come do a fireside at our branch, and they were so honored we'd have them, and I had to work so they stopped in to see me on the way home, even though it was late. And we seemed to invite them to stuff all they time, and they never turned us down.
He is a wonderful man. He calls me "cuz" now that I've married into the family. He's my father-in-law's cousin, but I am happy to be a shirt-tail cousin. One of the couples Wayne works with always calls me Judy Keele. I don't correct her. They are a wonderful couple. As for him being a general authority, did you guys know that he was in the mission presidency for the Nevada mission? When we lived in Vegas, the missionaries who had served in northern Nevada always wanted to know how we were related to him.
Post a Comment