CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Welcome to Quakeville

At 11:40 last night, we got shaken out of bed by a 4.9 quake, and a bunch of large aftershocks throughout the night and into the morning. Yes, we had some damage. The remaining jars from last week are no longer. We had things falling off shelves and walls. It shook for like 10-15 seconds.

I figured a slide show would work better, so here they are. Included are Rhett's baseball game last night (which also included an earthquake). The ward talent show, and lilacs from my wild lilac bush. Sorry the pictures of the damage are a little blurry, I was pretty shaken up. And we really wondered why the one picture that fell off the wall was of Jesus?

And the other question is, was that the big one, or are we to expect more?

6 comments:

Janika said...

My Ancestors were Quakers! Those broken jars look like art. You should frame that picture and sell it.

Kim and family said...

Those earthquakes must be some violent shakers. I felt some pretty good earthquakes in Alaska that were stronger than that but there was no damage because one felt like the house was shaking when the washer was on spin and the other felt like we were swinging on a giant swing. You guys have had a tremendous amount of activity. Sometimes we feel them here. We felt the Wells earthquake-sort of-the chimes staring ringing and the plants were swinging. I hope you guys had your big quake and all will recover.

The Woodward Family said...

We had another 4.2 this morning at 4:30 when I was brushing my teeth. No damage. It was strong, but didn't last long

Lauren said...

Wow... crazy!

Carol said...

Sorry about the mess.
We only lost a lid on a bottle of ketchup. I hope they will be over soon too but they are kind of exciting.

The Woodward Family said...

We haven't had an earthquake since 9:15 this morning...maybe they are over. I hope so.