So, yesterday there were less than 2 dozen earthquakes. It was kind of strange to not be rock'n & roll'n, but we were blessed with hurricane force winds, again, which led to downed power lines, which led to a wild fire. Those of you from around here, know what happens when you mix a brush fire and winds.
We had crazy dust storms in the area that led to 395, 50, and 80 being closed for a time. Early in the day, the dust was so bad, I couldn't see across the valley. Then the smoke added to that.
Today, though, we are back to more quake activity, so all is well.
A friend asked me if the temple is ok, as it is probably within a mile or two of ground zero, and I haven't heard. Hopefully the Lord will protect his house (he did several years ago when there was a brush fire on the same hill, just under the temple) My visiting teacher did say she felt the Friday evening (4/25) while she was working there. She said it was quite a shaker...
But, as much as I hate the shaking (it makes me feel nauseous), I'm not worried. Nothing I can do about them anyways. But I have water, and food storage, so we'll be ok.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Quake update
Posted by The Woodward Family at 2:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
He didn't apply at UNR. But I know a couple of guys that did, they passed and have interviews today! I still can't believe that about your hubby. It isn't fair!
I wonder if some mountain range is about to explode. If it did, it sounds like no one would notice because the ash would just look likemore of the same stuff you have :}
What is Liz talking about?
They have assured us it's not related to any volcanic activity (too shallow).
Someone commented on the online newspaper that there would be no way it could be volcanic, as there are no volanos around here...must be someone from back east or something...duh...Mt. Rose, Lasen, Mt. Hood, Mt. Shasta...we are in the Ring of Fire after all...
Oh and Liz is talking about a comment I posted on her blog. Her hubby is already post certified to be a cop. Jason applied with UNR again, but the testing was on Wed. and he couldn't take time off to do it all, as his boss had to have shoulder surgery that day and to make a long story short, UNR is jerking him around, and basically breaking equal opportunity employment laws, but they're the cops, so what can you do? He's NOT applying with UNR again as they are a political circus, and we are going to hope for County. Or maybe a career in another direction or town or state. I don't know, I just know it won't be with UNR.
Wow, I should have just blogged that comment...
Post a Comment