This is the poem I mentioned...
Day Old Child
My day-old child lay in my arms,
With my lips against his ear
I whispered strongly "How I wish-
I wish that you could hear:
I've a hundred wonderful things to say
(A tiny cough and a nod)
Hurry, hurry, hurry, and grow
So I can tell you about God."
My day-old baby's mouth was still
And my words only tickled his ear.
But a kind of light passed through his eyes,
And I say this thought appear:
"How I wish I had a voice and words;
I've a hundred things to say.
Before I forget I'd tell you of God,
I left him yesterday."
~Carol Lynn Pearson
I actually have this poem in a frame, surrounded by the day old pictures of my kids (the bad ones they take in the hospital for a huge fee). I was given this poem by my visiting teacher after Anthony was born. It is my favorite poem of all time.
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Poem for Lauren
Posted by The Woodward Family at 9:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Thank you so much. That was beautiful. I can't wait for the wonderful feeling only a newborn can bring. I'll print it out and read it when I'm getting up all night. It'll make me feel better to remember my baby is a gift from heaven!
I still cry with how happy I am to have my little babies. Holding a newborn baby, to me, brings the same kind of reverence as sitting in the celestial room.
Post a Comment