CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Wow...I'm think I'm on a Runaway Train...


The last few days have been crazy. It's Thursday already, and I'm amazed. Usually I'm just glad.

So, to re-cap. Tuesday I started a bunch of tests to check and see if, when I get the ol' uterus out, to take care of the bladder at the same time. I won't bore you with the details, that are probably just TMI anyways, but for the next 2 months, that's what I'll be doing...fun times.

J and Big A went to the Wild Island end of season employee party Tuesday night. J to work and Big A to have fun. So, Big A won a digital camera and a memory disk! They have an awards program at the park that get your name entered into the end of season drawings based on how many of the tokens you earn, and Big A works for the self professed "Nazi", so he only had one, so he figured he wouldn't win anything. He was so excited when he won he texted me on the cell to let me know. I was so happy for him. There is nothing like seeing one of your children happy and have good things happen to them.

J got a Wild Island t-shirt and a jacket, that, yeah, you know I'm gonna steal. It was their way of thanking him for doing security for them, even though he isn't really their employee as he is from an outside contractor.

Yesterday (Wednesday) Mr. Butler had a dentist appointment. He got his spacer taken out that he had put in when he was almost 4 and had to have a molar pulled. He was so happy, but he keeps saying it feels really weird.

In the meantime of this, J somehow turned to get out of the computer chair, and his lower back popped, went out, and he went down. He has been laying flat on his back since then...in serious pain, with ice and a hot pad and Aleve. He couldn't move and wishes he could die. We got him in to our GP doctor today. He is now on some very nice pain killers and muscle relaxers and has to go for an x-ray. After the pain of going to the doctor, he's going to do the x-ray tomorrow. I'll keep you posted on all this...it could take 4 -6 weeks to get better...nice. He can't walk, he has to either crawl or "walk" on his knees for a few steps.

And, we just found out this morning that I have to have Mr. Butler up to the football field by 5:15 for pictures. Such nice warning.

Does it ever end?

Oh, and Louie Blue has had a head cold all week. Her best friend has been Robitussin.

Homework for the two elementary kids is over the top. It's a lot, and with two, and everything else that is going on in life, I can hardly stay on top of it. I can't believe some of the stuff they are making a 4th and 2nd grader do. Mr. Butler is doing Geometry this year. So is Big A. Mr. Butler is in 4th. Big A is in 10th. They are doing the exact same thing right now. I don't do Geometry. Never have, probably never will. Big A has to help Mr. Butler with his homework, because I can't. I'm sorry, I have never used Geometry or Algebra in my job of 13 years. It's not everyday math, as the teachers of the world will try to convince you...sorry, that's a topic for another post...:)

And, now, I should get back to work so I stay caught up.

Sorry if I bored you to tears.

1 comments:

Kim and family said...

I feel your everything. As it is I can barely type. I can't think or communicate well this afternoon. I am in total dysfunction due to all the keeping up and keeping track. And not feeling good for some reason. I sat at window number one for my soda after I paid for it. The guy asked me if I needed something and it occured to me I needed to move up. At least we have a 3 day weekend. I am sick of school already.