

9 years ago today, this amazing, perfect, beautiful, wonderful, great, fantastic, BIG boy came into our lives.
At birth, he was 8 pounds even, 21 inches long. And had a 15 centimeter head. OUCH. He was 2 weeks early from his due date. Another two weeks would have made him one huge baby.
He had a voracious appetite right from the beginning. Now he is so picky, if I make something he doesn't like, he just won't eat...(I won't make him something special just so he'll eat, I figure sooner or later, he'll get hungry and eat what everyone else in the family had no problems with.) But it you feed him something he likes, watch out! He'll eat enough for a few grown man.
He was a pudgy little one for about 3 months, but has been a string bean ever since.
He loved to laugh at an early age, and found out that it was good to make others laugh (although I think he mistook tears and fatigue for laughter and smiles). Boy, was (is) he an ornery child. If there was something he could get in trouble for, he would...even in his sleep he was always on the move. (Must be why he's so skinny, besides not eating)
He is all boy. He loves to play in the dirt, climb trees, play football, baseball, and basketball. He loves to skate board. Blood doesn't gross him out. His attention how ever, is pretty darn short. He's always doing something. He loves Scouts.
He can be mean to his brother and sister, dishing out more than he could ever get back, yet, he's the first to defend them if he has to.
He has the biggest heart for animals of all shapes and sizes. He loves his dogs, he is so sweet and gentle with them, his rabbit and his fish are among his most prized possesions.
He is VERY stubborn (wonder where he gets that?) And when he sets his mind to something, there is pretty much no stopping him, changing his mind, or reasoning with him.
He worships his brother and wants to be like him in so many ways. He loves and tries to do everything his father does. He thinks his sister has girl germs, and wishes his mom would quit trying to steal his thick, long eyelashes every morning when he won't wake up....He is the sssllllooooowwwweeeesssstttt waker-upper I have ever seen. That could be because he takes forever to fall asleep.

He doesn't like school. He'd rather be doing something physical and active instead.
He had a big funky lump on the top of his head where the "soft spot" used to be. Hopefully he doesn't ever go bald, because you'll totally be able to see how lumpy-headed he is...
He is a neat freak. When he was a toddler, he would walk around picking up all the little things off the carpet and hand them to me and tell me to throw them away.

I have loved to watch him grow these last 9 years, and look forward to the next 9 and beyond.
WE LOVE YOU MR. BUTLER!!! HAPPY 9TH BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Love, Mom, Dad, Big A, Louie Blue, Kodi, Sienna, Kirby, Spud, Spidey, Cash Jr., and Goldie Jr.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Posted by The Woodward Family at 3:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
The first thing I thought when I saw the baby picture in the gray outfit was "Miagi fix"
So his birthday is the day after my Kylee's? How funny. I like September birthdays. I didn't say how big she was in my birthday post to her-darn. She was 9lbs 7 ozs. That is 3rd biggest for me. Crazy huh?
Hope he had a marvelous day!
Jans, his Aunt & Uncle used to call him Mr. Miagisan...Kim, WOW, and I thought this kid was big at 8 lbs. What were the other 2 bigger than her? How did you live to tell about it?
Kelsea was 10lbs 3 ozs induced late and Hannah was 9lbs 11 ozs induced on time. I only needed stitches with the first and last. My doctor after Kelsea was born looked at my chart and said "10lbs and no sutures." with amazement and he was there.
My half brother I grew up with was 10lbs 5ozs and my mom is smaller than me. She didn't need stitches. And another half brother I have was almost 12 lbs and broke his collar bone coming out. So it runs in the family I guess. I feel for my girls though when they have babies. My mom took vitamin E and so did I so that might have made things easier. Lee Joe is my witness that I have a high tolerance for pain. Having half grown kids hurts though. Minimal meds,(none with Kylee) no epidural.
Kim-you are a trooper! I didn't have any drugs with any of the 3, Big A I had an episotomy with 3 stiches, Mr. Butler, I tore and ended up with 143 stitches...that's why I say ouch, and Louie Blue, nothing, and I only pushed 3 times, and she was 7.7 with a 12 cm head. All 3 were early, Big A 3 weeks early from due date, Mr. Butler, 2 weeks, and Louie Blue, 1 week.
I was 8.13, and I bruised my sholder on my mom...you know how small my mom was. My sibblings were like 6 pounds...
I think stitches make the recovery so much worse. All those stitches you had-oh my! I think after Amber I was so shocked about the recovery pain. But I had stitches. After Kelsea it wasn't that hard. The stitches made the difference.
Post a Comment