Mr. Butler is out on the field with the Varsity team being ball boy tonight. He is big man on campus. He's met all the coaches and refs and has proceeded to make the kids on his SYFL team jealous. Tonight is Little Lancer night at half time so there is a ton a blue up here tonight. I hope my baby boy doesn't get trompled by those big players!
Before the game, standing next to my sis-in-law and one of my nieces.
Out on the field with the refs...
Out on the field again with the refs...
After the game down on the field.
Monday's update...well, he only got ran over by the players (the QB) once, but the QB totally helped him up and made sure he was ok...and he had a great time. I have never seen Mr. Butler run so much. He had to shagg the balls kicked over/thru the uprights, and run out to change one of two balls being used between every play, he totally paid attention and did a great job. I was proud of my boy. After the game, we went down on the field to get him and talk to my bro & sis-in-law and the head coach came up to us and thanked us for letting Mr. Butler help out. He is a great coach. Everyone loves him, even Big A, who had him for his PE teacher last year. BTW, my bro-in-law is the line coach for the team, so that's how this was made possible.
The final score was McQ 52, Carson 0. Those 52 points were scored before half time. The 3rd & 4th string played the rest of the game. It was a good game. High school games are so great.
I have noticed, though, that although McQ has a better football team that where went, their cheerleaders and band just suck! There are like 15 cheerleaders, you can hardly hear them, they don't pay attention to the game, so they are cheering for the defense to get that ball, and uh, they are running in for a touch down, stuff like that. The band only plays the national anthem, and they march at half time and play elevator music, not what I am used to with our awesome pep band that played anytime the game wasn't going and the cheerleaders weren't cheering. I can remember our band and cheerleaders working together and paying attention, and even the crowd helped out, here, the crowd over and out cheers the cheerleaders, and no one pays attention where and when they should. It annoys me. Ok, that's my gripe about McQ...
Sorry the pictures are so blurry, the blackberry isn't the most steady of cameras and when you're sitting on bleacher seats that are alive and moving with fans, I just couldn't get a clear shot.
Friday, September 5, 2008
Sitting at the McQ Game
Posted by The Woodward Family at 7:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
We had a great band. I loved being in it!
Dayton's band was so good, I think I'm a bit jaded when it comes to other bands.
I wonder where Mr. Lillo is now.
Post a Comment