Ok, so Carol bailed on us in the middle of reading Jane Eyre, but some of us want to continue with the book club, and I was wondering what you out there in the blog world might recommend in way of GOOD Classic American Lit?
Leave a comment on a book you may have read in the past that you'd like to read again and get together and discuss and watch a movie if there is one, or one that you'd like to read for the first time, get together and discuss and watch a movie if there is one.
We are watching a Jane Erye movie this Thursday night and we'll try to pick a new book and set a date for the first discussion then. OK?
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
RS Book Club
Posted by The Woodward Family at 10:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
You really don't want me to suggest a book do you?!?!? :)
Now what do you think?
I wish I could be there.
The house hunting is getting old. I want to escape with friends into a romantic movie.
If you miss Little House On the Prairie or want something a little more mature, Willa Cather wrote O Pioneers! and My Antonia. I don't remember which one was required reading in HS, but I loved them both. If you don't want classic literature, Stephanie Meyers' Twilight Series is a must.
I am currently reading Les Miserables. LOVE IT!!!! So many good conversations/discussions can be started from that book.
I loved Jane Eyre, the book is much better than any of the shows, just because they can't possibly cram all of that info into a movie. The movies are still great though. If you like that Jane Austen type book, and or time period, I've been reading some books you might like. Elizabeth Gaskell has written many, so far I've read North & South and Wives and Daughters. I loved both of them and they both have great bbc movies to watch after, that I hear are really good. As far as other classics go my favorites are: A River Runs Through It, Travels with Charly, all of Jane Austens, The House of Seven Gables, Anne of Green Gables collection. I agree with Emily too, Les Mis is supposed to be amazing. Good Luck!
Tara
Little Women, of course. I love Jane Eyre, too. This looks like so much fun. :)
Leta-Kaye- you could join us, you know!!!
Post a Comment