CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 2, 2006

A Great Weekend with family and friends...

I took Friday off from work so I could put the finishing touches on Rhett's surprise birthday party. I had to head to the Dollar Tree to get all the goodies to make party favor bags after I sent the kids off to school. We had to keep the party a secret from Kylie, too, so she didn't spoil it for Rhett. (5 year old girls are REALLY bad at keeping secrets)

I actually got to take a nap before picking Kylie up at school. It was great. Then I took Kylie to Taco Bell to get lunch, and then we went to the park and ate lunch together, played on the park equipment, and walked around the pound. It was just the two of us, and it was so nice. We don't get to do that very often; there's always a brother around.

Saturday, Jason took the two boys out duck hunting for Junior hunting day. So it was just Kylie and I again, and the 3 dogs. Sienna was TOTALLY upset that Daddy didn't take her hunting, and she chewed up 2 books when she should have been sleeping. All summer long the darn dog hunts every day in training. I told Jason she must go on all future hunt trips, even if she just stays in her kennel. She is not allowed to stay home anymore.

Kylie and I got the house cleaned, and I got all the laundry done, and sat an watched the Saturday morning session of General Conference. The boys all got home around noon. Anthony shot two ducks, and Rhett took one shot, fell back into the mud, and spent the rest of the morning in the truck in his underwear. He had fun though.

At 1:00, Kylie, Anthony and I headed out, saying I had to take Anthony to a scout thing, and Kylie got to come because she was a girl...we actually stopped to get Rhett's cake and head out to wild island to set up for his party. Jason brought him later, and just about everyone was there already, and Rhett was so surprised, he was a little mad at us. But he had so much fun and felt very special. He got really cool toys, and told us he had a great birthday and loves being 7. We were happy to make him happy. Being the middle child, he tends to get left out and overlooked sometimes.

Sunday, we were on the road by 10:00 to head out to Yerington for Mom's 71st birthday party. Elaine, her son Josh and his wife Anastasia and his 4 year old son, Joshie were there from that side of the family. Christy and her hubby Don came on that side of the family, and then Jason and I and the kids. Pat and Shirley Christiansen came, and mom wanted her roommate, Patty with us. Elaine fixed spaghetti, and I brought french bread, and dad and Pat C. brought ice cream.

I don't think mom really knew who we all were, but she was so happy, you could tell by looking at her. All the caregivers said it was great for her. It probably wore her out, but she needs the family around. It does them good, even though they can't remember it the next day.

On the way out, we went to Pat and Shirley's to pick up dad's travel trailer for Jason to use this coming weekend while him, Anthony, and Jared go deer hunting. Fall was blowing in, and all the way home, it was rough going from all the wind.

It finally started raining last night around 7 pm. It smelled so good, and all the dust was able to settle down. It is only 55* right now. Summer is gone. The trees are turning, the clouds are topping the mountains outside my office window here, and they are saying snow by Wednesday in the higher elevations. :(

Today, I am super busy, and have to go to the dentist, because I used my tooth as a plier, and broke it. Fun fun.

I did get the cables for the camera from dad yesterday, so I hope to get pictures soon. And there will be a ton, so check back soon. I guess it will all depend on the dentist...

0 comments: