



It is cloudy and grey. It is only 67*. The trees are no longer various shades of green; there are now shades of yellows, oranges, and reds mixed in. The sagebrush is full of yellow flowers. It smells like autumn. From my desk, it looks so beautiful, but I then remember those pretty leaves will soon lead to compltely bare trees, and snow, and ice, and 4 wheel drive, and frozen windows, and icecicles, and shoveling snow, and mud, and carpets I can't keep clean because of the dogs and kids coming in wet and dirty, and having to go out in that disgusting stuff to start the car, in the dark, just to be able to see out the windows to drive in the crap, and days with only 8 hours of daylight, and high temps colder than the low temps in the summer, and having to take a sledge hammer to the dog water every morning, and and,** Sigh** I miss Wild Island and summer. There are only about 264 more days until the first day of summer...so I really should cheer up...
Wednesday, October 4, 2006
Here I sit...
Posted by The Woodward Family at 3:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Here I sit, with temperatures finally comfortable. My air-conditioning taking a break. Soon the electric bill will be less than $200. We can finally play at the park. For the next three months we can do outdoor activities comfortably--maybe even put on a sweater--what a luxury. Maybe you should come to Texas ;)
I think so...serously!
Post a Comment