Had Friday off...Kylie had her little student of the month gathering. The principal took pictures with each of the kids, the kids got ice cream bars, and then one of the teachers son played his guitar and sang for the kids. It was a nice time for the kids to get out of class and relax.
I went to the temple Friday night. I did work for a lady named Rilla Tyrell, born 1874 in Minnesota. A ward member was one of the officiators, and the other couple owns the place where we buy tires for our cars. There were only about 15 people in the session, so it was nice. I got to stand in the prayer circle, which I haven't done in just about forever, so it was nice.
Saturday, I just really kicked back and relaxed. It was great. Did laundry, and that was pretty much it. Jason and his dad had to replace the power steering pump in Jason's truck, and it took ALL day and still didn't get done, so Jason had to use my Suburban to go to work at the water park, so the kids and I were stuck at home all night.
Sunday, Jason and his dad had to finish the truck...Jason had to leave for a meeting with security, so Lyle finished up by himself around 5 pm. They spent around 18 hours getting the job done. Next time, Jason's just going to take it to our mechanic.
In primary, we are preparing for our annual Primary Sacrament Program. My first councilor is just great, the outline is awesome, and the kids are leaning the songs really good. I am really looking forward to it. It's on the 12th of November. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Anthony got his school pictures yesterday. They turned out really nice. I put this years picture next to last years, and man, what a difference a year makes. He has grown up so much. I still can't believe he's going to be 14 next month. I still say I'm not old enough to have a child that old. YIKES! Anyways, I'll try to post the picture later, if the blog decides to work!
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
A re-cap of the weekend...
Posted by The Woodward Family at 8:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
Our program is on the 12th too. Our ward does a sat practice. I had never heard of that until we moved to this ward. Whats's up with blogger not posting pictures?
We thought about a Sat. practice, but figured only 1/2 the kids would show up, so didn't see much point in it. The past presidency did it one year, and I forgot to take Anthony, so I guess I figure other parents will too. Let me know how yours goes...maybe we'll try it next year if I'm still pres.
Our program was last week. The kids did great. For the first time in a while, all 6 kids were there. For ours, the 10 and up boys would occasionally put a new piece of armor on the portable chalkboard which was placed behind the sacrament table. I thought they weren't supposed to do things like that anymore.
We usually have a good turn out because it has also become a tradition. They will be having pizza afterwards so that's incentive.
You just can't dress in the armor, I think they were probably ok. Did they do it with the Scripture Power song? When we taught that song to the kids, we let them dress up in armor. They had fun, and it really helped them learn the words. That visual thing, you know...and stuff
No they didn't dress up in it, they just pinned it to a big boy-cut-out on the chalkboard. It was actually a theme throughout the program. Before every song they put on a new peice. During the scripture power song they did motions for the chorus like raising their fist in the air for "scripture power."
Post a Comment