I took Tuesday and Wednesday off work...Tuesday was the school's annual Chili Fest Cook-off. I helped in Rhett's class making the chili, which was really very good, and we all thought we should win at least something. We didn't, and Rhett is really upset...probably because Kylie's class won. We can't really talk about it now, it just upsets Rhett too much.
Wednesday was picture day at school. I just had way too much fun getting Kylie ready for it. As my only girl, and this being the very first school pictures, well, you know, I probably went overboard...We curled her hair the night before in the sponge rollers we have; she had to wear a pretty dress, black dress shoes included, and she had to wear matching earrings. I took a picture of her in curlers I'll post later, and when the pictures come in next month, I'll post those. I sure hope they turn out.
Weather here has been great. Nice and warm and sunny. Except for Tuesday, when we were trying to have the Chili-Fest outside, it was a little "chili" (get it?) But no complaints from me.
Anthony shot a VERY small deer on Monday. We have 5 gallon bags of deer in the freezer now. That is about 3 meals for my family. We think it was a buck that was born this spring, so it should be very tasty and tender.
On Monday I met with Rhett's teacher, councilor, the district physcologist (sp?), the principal, and the speech and hearing teacher to go over where Rhett is at and see if he needs to start special ed. He is about 8 months to a year behind the other kids in the class in reading, and no one wants to hold him back, so we have many things in place to try to get him to at least 6 months behind by Thanksgiving. He has about 4 different reading buddies and tutors to help him out, and this past week, Rhett and I have worked really hard on his spelling words. Hope he does good on the test today. He is very young; the youngest kid in his grade in the entire school, and he is more athletic than academic. It was great to see so many people being involved in his welfare, and I now know that everyone involved will do whatever it takes to make Rhett a great school boy.
This morning, Rhett had to have a filling on a tooth. He did well. He got numb very fast. He kept drooling on himself though, and felt that would warrant a day off of school. He was no longer numb by school time...he went...
Last night we took the kids to the Pumpkin patch and picked out 4 great pumpkins. Rhett's probably weighs about 40 pounds. It's huge. I'll post pictures of those, too. We spent $33 on all four. I don't know if that's a good deal or not. We usually get our pumpkins at Apple Hill in Placerville, and my father-in-law pays...We just wanted to get our own this year, and I'm glad we did. The kids had fun.
I'm looking forward to the weekend;things should settle down a bit...
Friday, October 13, 2006
Very Busy Week
Posted by The Woodward Family at 2:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment