CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

A wandering array of thoughts

On Saturday and Sunday, the area had record highs of 96*. Today...it is snowing and is currently 42*, with an expected high of 56*. Crazy weather.

I have lost 6 pounds since Jason and I have been exercising and eating low calories. Yeah!

My dad gave me birthday money, which I spent at Kohl's. Got a pair of size 8 jeans, and now that I'm wearing them, they may be a bit loose. YEAH!!!!!!

Rhett won his very first baseball game on Saturday. I have never seen a happier bunch of boys and coaches. We only have 4 games to go. We were the only team in the league to not have won a game. One of the moms was so happy she treated every one (parents and siblings included) to ice cream at Baskin Robbins. It was a great evening. The boy that pitched was on fire. He struck out the last 3 batters. His dad was going crazy as how good his son was doing.

Jason is 1 1/2 panels away from being done with grandmas fence. If it would ever stop being windy, he'd get it done, but he doesn't want to cement a post in and have the wind make it move and have the cement harden that way. Hopefully this weekend.

Kids have 9 school days of school left. They are very excited. Kylie went on a walking field trip to the big park yesterday. They got to go on the log flume ride, have snow cones and ride the ponies. She had a great time, but we forgot to put sun screen on her face, so she's a little red now.

Wild Island on Saturday was GREAT!!!!It was so hot, the water felt great,and I was so happy to be in the sun and swimming again. The kids didn't want to leave, but Rhett had to get to his game.

My birthday was nice. We didn't do anything special. I got two t-shirts from the kids, and we had key lime pie (my choice). For dinner we had pasta salad and grilled salmon (also my choice, hey, I'm watching my caloric intake)

While the temps were super hot, our AC decided it didn't want to work any more. No clue what the problem is, but we do know it's got nothing to do with the electrical, so a friend of Jason's that owns a heating and AC business is coming out next Wednesday. I'm sure glad it cooled off, at least the heater is still working...

I don't think anything else is really going on. Anthony is supposed to work today, but considering the weather, I bet he'll get the call to not come in. Weather in Nevada...so unpredictable,it's predictable...

2 comments:

Kim and family said...

We are down to 9 days of school too. I am looking forward to it. I think. We still have summer school in June for the 2 oldest.

Janika said...

I prefer fickle weather, I think. I get bored too easily. San Antonio was the most boring weather place I have been. Glad you had a nice b-day.