CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Daily Spiritual Thought

I have really missed my daily spiritual thoughts from my jar. And I have been thinking and looking for other thoughts and ideas I could post on my blog, but I just haven't found anything I really like.

But, then it hit me. The conference edition of the Ensign is FULL of spiritual thoughts! And thoughts that the Lord would have us ponder and live for the next 5 months until our next conference.

So, starting today, I will post a thought or quote from the May 2008 Ensign that I like or feel impressed by. Ok? Ok.

Today's is from the talk entitled "Testimony" by Elder Dallin H. Oaks, page 27.

"The first step in gaining any kind of knowledge is to really desire to know. In the case of spiritual knowledge, the next step is to ask God in sincere prayer. As we read in modern revelation, "If thou shalt ask, thou shalt receive revelation upon revelation, knowledge upon knowledge, that thou mayest know the mysteries and peaceable things-that which bringeth joy, that which bringeth life eternal" (D&C 42:61)."

1 comments:

Janika said...

Good idea. Again.