CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

3 Day Weekend

I was really busy this weekend. It was great! Friday, I came home and ran down to the school in the pouring down rain to take the registration paperwork for R & K for next year. We have to re-register every year, and show them our power bill for proof of residency.

Then I came home in the pouring down rain, and started laundry, which I actually finished late Friday night!!!!! Took some things to the dry cleaner, the bank, and the post office, in the pouring down rain.

Saturday morning, I got up to go running, but it was pouring down rain (are you starting to see a pattern here?) so I read my scriptures for a while, finished reading the D & C, on to the Pearl of Great Price now, and decided that if I didn't go running in the rain, I'd never go running, so I just dressed warmly, and went for it. I am so glad I did, running in the rain was actually very refreshing.

When I got home, we grabbed the kids and Kirby. Kirby went and got a much needed grooming. She looks like a Scottie dog again. It's always good to actually look like a Scottie dog when you are a Scottie dog. We took the kids to Kohl's and they each got 2 new pairs of shorts. Maybe someday they will be able to wear them, weather permitting...We got all 3 dogs new collars and name tags at PetsMart. We cleaned the back yard and threw a bunch of stuff in the back of the heavy truck, in between the pouring down rain. There is still a bunch to do though. We went to the mall since it was pouring down rain. I had a coupon for free mascara at Victoria's Secret, and Jason needed to get a tie to go with a shirt he bought a couple months ago. Macy's had a huge sale. He ended up getting 2 ties and a dress shirt for $35.00. Good deal, considering just one of the ties was regularly $39.50.

Sunday we went to church, and since Jason's aunt from Las Vegas was in town, we went out to dinner to this great mexican place. It was a nice relaxing day.

Monday, we got up, slowly, and then went to the movies to see the new Indian Jones movie. We were going to to go to the 12:30 show, but it was sold out, so we got tickets to the 2:00 showing and came back later. Our Stake Pres and his family was there, so we sat by them, and had a good time. The movie was great. A and I say there will be another...fine by us.

Today, back to work and school...Yuck!!! And at this very moment, it is pouring down rain. Poor Rhett is supposed to have a BBQ at the park up from our house today. He said it will be rain or shine, but I don't know...It was not fair to have those 3 days of 90's and then have 5 days of rain, with more in sight. Every one says we need the moisture, but really, this late in the season, it isn't enought to really do anything for our drought. We needed this moisture like a month and a half ago when it was still colder. Besides, my hair doesn't do well with the moisture, so it needs to stop raining and be warm now.

That is the weekend in a nut shell. I have lost 6 pounds, but I think I am loosing inches, cuz things sure are fitting better, and I look smaller when I look in the mirror. YEAH!!!!

4 comments:

Marshall said...

Good job, Dove! You are really staying motivated. I love raining in the rain also . . . there is nothing like it!

Janika said...

It's good to feel good. It makes it easier to feel gooder. As soon as the sun is shining you will be ready for it!

Liz Maile said...

husband tag, your turn!

Lauren said...

Gotta love the rain! Congrats on your weight loss. I'm still working on it :(