The baptism is at 5 pm at our Stake Center. He is SO excited. I didn't think it would actually happen. When he turned 8, we gave him the choice. He chose to wait. He said he need scriptures. We bought him a cheap set of scriptures and a carry case. He said he need to learn the Articles of Faith. He has memorized the first 4. He said he needed to be in charge of Family Home Evening. He has done it a couple of times. He needed a suit. We got him a suit. He said he needed a nice short haircut. He got the cutest spiky short haircut last night. He wants to clip his nails and clean under them tomorrow morning, so his hands are clean. He wanted his Papa to baptize him. He called Papa himself and asked him to do it. Papa said YES! He wanted Grandpa Palmer to confirm him. I called Grandpa Palmer, and Rhett asked him. Grandpa Palmer said YES! He needed to meet with the Bishop. He had his interview about a month ago.
The boy has come a long way in 6 months to prepare for baptism. There is no doubt in my mind that he is ready, and he has a testimony of choosing to be baptized and confirmed. I believe he will only get stronger when he has the help of the Holy Ghost with him every day. He's a great kid.
Jason and I lost 4 babies between Anthony and Rhett, and when Rhett came along,we knew he was a special boy, and we were so excited for him to join our family. Right from the get go he was a strong minded, able-bodied, active boy. He is truly one of the strong ones Heavenly Father saved for the last days. He can be infuriating with his strong and ever active mind, but he'll be able to outsmart the adversary with those qualities he's been blessed with.
I thank Heavenly Father for Rhett everyday and pray He blesses him always.
Friday, March 28, 2008
Rhett's getting baptized tomorrow!
Posted by The Woodward Family at 10:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
I just realized a couple of days ago that my son is turning 8 next week and I need to start making baptism arrangements.
Post a Comment