Next year, I'm not going to color eggs. I always boil them, and get all the coloring supplies out, and everyone bails out on me, and I'm left doing a job I don't really like all by my self. I think my kids are old enough and lacking enough interest to just scrape the whole ordeal.
Other than that, I made Jason hide all the eggs when he got home at 1 am, and put the baskets out that I had put together.
Jason and Anthony got in a big fight on Saturday over his F in art class (that's a whole other story), so Anthony didn't even get out of bed to hunt for eggs, so Rhett and Kylie had fun finding the eggs in a matter of about 2 minutes.
Kylie was more excited about her new dress and shoes than egg hunting. And it was good that it was quick with church starting at 9 this year.
It was a nice quiet day, church was nice, and Jason and I worked together to make dinner. We had bbq ribs, which I boiled, Jason bbq'd, deviled eggs that Jason made, homemade rolls, which I made, baked beans which Jason mixed together and I baked, and a green salad I made. We were going to make homemade ice cream, but we decided we were just too stuffed, and Jason and Rhett are in a mad rush to get the pinewood car done by Wednesday, so they were working on that.
So, yeah, Anthony has an F in art, because he can't follow directions, and does a half-@$$ job on stuff because he thinks the teacher doesn't like his class, so why bother trying...needless to say, him and Jason really got into it, they aren't talking to each other, and Anthony's job and upcoming driving privileges are at stake. I e-mailed the teacher, and he says he will let Anthony make up all the missing work, and low grade work, before and after school and during lunch and should be able to fix his grade by year end. Ugh! Jason wants Anthony to have only A's and B's because he's a smart kid, and to hear Jason go on and on, makes me think about how his parents use to talk about how he was in High School. Apples don't fall from trees, but Jason doesn't seem to remember. I can see this becoming a great debate in our home in the coming weeks...and years....
The weather was great yesterday. I can't remember a nicer Easter in a long time-weather wise. Last year it snowed. After church, I sat on the front porch reading my scriptures, and the front of my legs got burned. Ouch. But, the weather is not to last. They are forecasting rain later in the week. Today it is windy, but, around here, I think when it's not windy, that's a notable moment.
I found out something about why Easter was so early this year. It has to do with when the full moon and the first day of spring happen. Because of this being a leap year, spring was a day earlier than normal, and the fool moon was just a day or two before, so Easter had to be early; or something to that effect. But, worry no more, we won't have another Easter this early again until 2285 or something like that. Interesting piece of info....
Monday, March 24, 2008
I have decided
Posted by The Woodward Family at 1:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
It rained today. The weekend was beautiful though. And F in art is hard to do really. I hope it all works out. Aren't teenagers fun? If life wasn't interesting enough they make it more so. Are you guys on Spring break yet? We are as of today. I am a happy camper! But no camping for me.
I forgot-I like the changes to you're blog too.
No, we had spring break 2 weeks ago, while it was still winter...which I couldn't figure out, as UNR and TMCC are both out this week...???
I'm working on the changes right now...still not sure I like it completely yet...
Post a Comment