CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

ONE MONTH AND COUNTING!!!!!!

Exactly one month from right now I'll be in pre-op, with happy drugs in me, getting ready for my surgery. To say I am excited would be an understatement, what with the reason why I'm having the surgery and the black ice on the road, I'll be so glad to be out of commission the whole month of December.

I know I always hate winter and wintry roads, but I sometimes forget just how much until I have to drive on slick roads and I can't feel my fingers and toes. Man, how many more days until Summer?

Also, don't forget to vote today! I voted early to avoid the lines, and I am so glad I did; there were already many people arriving to the school this morning at quarter to 7. I am not to fond of our choices this year, but I just love that I live in a country where I have the right to vote and let my voice be heard.

A mere one hundred years ago, women just like me couldn't vote, and I am so grateful for the women who came before me, who were pioneers and make my vote this day possible. And even though I may not like the choices, I will never NOT vote, because I seriously appreciate what those women did and suffered to give me my right.

I seriously registered to vote on my 18th birthday because I was so excited to be able to have that right and privilege. In 1992, 9 months pregnant, I stood in line 2 hours so I could vote. I was so glad Big A didn't come any earlier, thus preventing me from voting at all. I just love voting. I can't really explain the feeling I have after I have voted.

I hope that J and I have inspired our children to appreciate the fact that they can vote for their government leaders. Although we are not really political or politically correct at times, we take voting seriously, and hope that the kids will to.

The kids are out of school today. Lucky kids. Because so many polling places are in schools, it's easier for the kids to just be out of the schools so adults can vote. Lucky kids have 3 weeks of 4 days of school. Last week they were off Friday for Nevada day. Off today for the election, and off next Tuesday for Veteran's Day. They they have a week of a full week, then they have Thanksgiving vacation. Oh to be in school again and have a ton of time off...oh yeah...I get ALL of December off...:)

1 comments:

Kim and family said...

That might have been nice today if the kids were out. There was a big line at the school at 8am this morning. The little girls have Thurs and Friday off this week and the big girls only get Friday. Go figure.