CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 3, 2007

The weight is crushing me

I just hate financial woes. This spring has seemed especially bad, I think because all 3 kids are in school and doing things. We have the money, but just barely, and now gas prices are the highest they've ever been, and I just feel like the weight is killing me. Even groceries are getting more expensive. We have to eat ramen noodles this week so we can afford everything else...

Spring pictures...$42 times 3...ballet...$30 a month...Registration and smog on the suburban that is due to expire on Monday...$???...Wild Island passes....$????(but Jason already saved for this back in February)...Anthony's trip to 6 Flgas...$60...Rhett's field trip...$5...I just feel like everytime the kids come home they are asking for more money we just don't have. Jason assures me we're fine, and I know we are, it's just all hitting me at once, and I don't handle the stress well.

And I'm grouchy today because my Aunt is in town and it's cold. As it turns out, Kodi and Kirby both have their Aunts in town too. What's the odds that me and two out of three dogs would all be in the same boat? At least my Aunt will only be around for 5 days, the poor doggies have her in town for 3 weeks.

Anthony is out in middle of no where Fallon through Sunday helping our dog trainers run a hunt test. He makes some money that way and has fun doing it. He gets to miss two days of school because he gets good grades. Maybe I should ask A for a loan. He'll be making a lot of money this summer...

I just love the smell of freshly cut grass. It is such a wonderful smell. I will go there now and get in a better mood...

3 comments:

Kim and family said...

I Know the feeling all too well. We just paid $450 for Amber to go to San Francisco. And $220 for the two oldest to go to summer school PE so they can have release time seminary. We never have that kind of extra money. And it goes on and on and gets more and more expensive. ACK!!! Pay day is Friday but we have to do some creative financing until then. No wonder I never see my husband. Sounds like you need some mommy recoup time.

Janika said...

My operating philosophy has been, if you ignore it, it will go away. But it is not true. Because I didn't pay my $200 ticket, I have a $250 failure to appear fine. Because I applied for my DL name change, they denied my drivers license and I have to pay $100 to get it reinstated. My husband had to borrow $8000 from his dad to get his passport so that he could get a job, I still have no washer or dryer, and we have yet to get paid a DIME from his "Employer" two full months after we were offered the job. Procrastination is the key to poverty.

Maryanne said...

The price we pay for fun. But If we can't have some fun what is the point in working?