CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Uh oh...

I'm sitting here at my desk, with 30 minutes left until I can go home, and I think I am getting a migraine. I hope not, I have to go grocery shopping tonight so my family can have dinner. I can't afford to eat out any more, we've also eaten out like every night this week. My migraine meds are at home. I hope I can hold out for another half hour and for the 10 minute drive home.

I'm sure it's because I'm so tired. Jason hasn't worked his security job much the last two weeks, and when he's home, I stay up later to be with him. But, getting to bed the last two nights at 11:00 was bound to catch up with me...it's just too bad it's in the form of a migraine. Stupid migraines. What's their point? What reason do they have to exist? None I can see.

At least it's currently 82* and the 10-day says it's supposed to be nice and warm on the 19th.

My manicurist is having a baby next month and she invited me to her shower. I've been getting my nails done by her for 6 years. Unfortunately, her shower is on a Sunday, right in the middle of church. I'd like to go, but I'll just have to settle on getting her a nice gift. She's having a girl. First kid.

Rhett had a spring musical yesterday. It was nice. They sang 4 cute songs about spring, and it was over in 15 minutes. I like those kind of programs. Anthony has his spring concert next Thursday, and it includes the Jazz band, 7th grade band, 8th grade band, a combined band, the choir, the 7th grade orchestra, the 8th grade orchestra, and the combined orchestra. Those programs last like 2 hours. The Jazz band generally plays 2 songs, and every other group performs like 5 songs each. And orchestra songs seem to always be long. The best group, the Jazz band, should play more and everyone else should play less.

At the Holiday concert before Christmas, the choir sang 8 holiday songs, and like 3 medleys. It was good, but my butt just ain't made to sit on gym bleachers for 2 hours anymore. The sacrifices we must make to support our wonderful children.

Oh, and the ABS went out on my suburban last night. At least the brakes still work, but man, I am still scared to drive it, just in case they decide not to work. I left getting it fixed in Jason's hands.

Anthony had his first day of training yesterday at wild island. He's so excited about his first job. He's just worried he won't be able to take the time off to go to Vegas for the Police concert, and the week for Scout camp. Welcome to the real world A!

2 comments:

Kim and family said...

Thank goodness for those prescrip headache medicines!! I hope you make it!
The girls' schools break-up the concerts and orchestra and band an choir will have their own night. Or all the 7th grade groups would be on one night. But if you have one in orchestra and one in band that would mean 2 different concerts. I have that anyways in the next two weeks with the high schooler and jr high kid. Oh well. It's a good thing I like music I guess.

Maryanne said...

I think that is the first post you have said anything about have good sunshine