CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 17, 2007

The War in Iraq

I don't want to get into a political debate, and at first I supported this war, and I'm glad we went in and got Hussein out of power, but now, I don't support this war, and I wish our sorry excuse for a president would bring the troops home.

But that's not the reason for this little blog. One of the 3 missing troops that was abducted earlier this week is from Carson City. My heart and prayers and thoughts go out to this young mans family. I hope our government can find these three men and bring them home safely and quickly.

Please keep not only this family and this soldier in your prayers, but all of our troops who are serving to protect our freedoms whether we believe this war is right or not, whether we support Bush or not, or for whatever our reasons may be.

I am always really sorry when a local soldier and family is affected by this war. I feel there is nothing I can do, but offer prayers in their behalf. Can you do the same?

2 comments:

Janika said...

Don't forget to vote for Mitt Romney in the primaries (if you are registered republican--if not, re-register as republican--so that we don't have to have two people from New York duke it out for president (Hillary and Juliani)

The Woodward Family said...

This soldier was actually found as a casualty. This area has lost 2 soldiers within a weeks time. And I'm already a republican...have been since my 18th b-day a few years ago!