Reno broke a record yesterday for the high. In 1888 it was 75*. Yesterday we hit 78*. We could do it again today. It is so beautiful outside. I know full well it won't last, but I am so totally enjoying it while it is here.
Yesterday afternoon, I got home from work, changed into a pair of capri's and took Kirby for a 50 minute walk. Still working on loosing another 12 pounds. Then I came home, and my across the street neighbor and I decided to feed the kids and then go down to the school together so the kids could play and we could visit. I sat and swang the whole time we were there (about 30 mins). The kids and I had contests to see how could go higher. I think I won, but it kinda made me sick to my stomach, and then when I went to get off the swing, my legs had turned to jello. Andrea had to help get me out of it. I think I might be getting old. Between my long walk and swinging, I could hardly get out of bed this morning. Exedrine is my best friend today.
Kids are out this week for spring break. It's not even spring yet! Year round schools are not out. UNR and TMCC are not out. It's so stupid. Why can't all the schools (colleges included) be on the same schedule? It would be too easy I guess.
I bought the tickets for Rhett and I to go to the Police concert in Vegas in June yesterday. The kid totally loves the Police. He can name Police songs in about 3 notes when they come on the radio or the satellite. When we found out about the reunion concert, we just knew he had to go. We wanted to take the entire family, but there is a 4 ticket minimum, and they are selling out FAST, and we could only afford the two right now, so Jason and I decided I would take Rhett. Jason's family lives in Vegas, we'll stay with them, and have fun with them for a nice little family weekend get away.
I talked to Kim Brantingham from high school today. She is the eskimo friend from my Freshman year in high school. She's in Vegas now, 2 kids, stay at home mom. Doing good.
Does anyone remember a John Pruitt from high school? He e-mailed Kim as a Daytonite, but neither her or I know who he is. I even looked in my yearbooks and can't find someone by that name...
Other than that, not much going on. Talk to you all later!
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Warmth
Posted by The Woodward Family at 1:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
I don't recall a John Pruit. I looked through the year books but I couldn't find Kim Brantingham either even though I remember her name.
Kim was only there our freshman year. But her and I kept in touch over the years. I e-mailed Diane Remington to see if she remembers, haven't heard back yet.
I wasn't there as a freshman so everybody must have talked about her because her name is so familiar.
Post a Comment