Friday, I got home, and was just beat. I pretty much got the kids and myself in bed by 9 pm, and we slept until about 7:30 Saturday morning. We got up and managed to get ready for wild island and leave the house by 10:15, which, believe it or not, was the time I wanted to be leaving. Miracles do happen!
We got to wild island, and Devanie, Randa, and Thomas, and the kids were just getting tickets. We stood in line and talked, it was so nice. Randa hasn't changed from the days of her being my Primary and Young Women leader. She's so awesome.
Also, Erin and Justin were there with the kids. It was really fun to be at the park with so many people we knew there also. Kylie even had a couple of friends from pre-school there.
We stayed until nearly 6pm. We were beat, but we had such a good time, we didn't want to leave. And no sun burns, if you can believe it. Either we put enough sun screen on, often enough, or we have just been enough this summer to be tanned enough we don't burn any more.
We got home, I fixed dinner (french bread pizza) and we all crashed.
Sunday, Jason and the boys went with Jared to scout for antelope. Kylie had to go to church with me early for a leadership meeting. She sat in the foyer with Bishop Jackson and colored. She was a good girl. Then we spent the rest of the morning at church. My dear friend Debbe and her hubby and granddaughter were at church. They are moving back to Utah. They came to our ward to say good-bye. I'm so sad.
The A/C in the Primary room wasn't working, and the room was SO HOT. I was glad to come home. But church was so good. Everyone's testimonies were great, and all of church, including Primary filled me up so I had the mental strength to drive down to Carson and see Mom.
Dad and Elaine were already there, for which I was glad. We sat and visited in the TV area, but then mom's back started to hurt, so we went back to her room so she could lay down. I probably spent about an hour there. She was happy to see me. When Elaine was there with her, she knew who we were, but as soon as Elaine left to go potty, she thought I was Elaine. And she babbles sometimes, and her sentences make no sense. And sometimes she realizes what she just said made no sense, and apologizes for being dingy.
She's telling all the nurses, doctors, and other patients that she's been divorced for 9 years. Dad was surprised to hear this; didn't know he had been living in sin all these years. :) One of the old guys that is a patient there has the hots for mom, apparently, and when mom introduced her husband to him, he seemed surprised, and had to go have his blood pressure taken. We had a good chuckle about that.
I really was impressed by dad. He introduced both Elaine and I as his daughters to the staff there. And one time he said that Elaine and I were the middle daughter and baby daughter to the other daughter they had already meet (Christy). He is doing really good with Christy and Elaine, and I think seeing how they are helping not only mom, but him as well, after all these years he finally feels they really are his daughters. And both Christy and Elaine call him dad. He really had been more of a dad to them then their real dad ever was.
So, I did pretty well seeing her. Christy and Elaine cry about it, but (not yet, anyways) I just don't feel I need to. I'm sure I will at some point. But, until then...
Jason is letting me drop my classes this fall so I can be able to go to Yerington more on the weekends (major study time). I am so glad. I can't begin to tell you what a load off my mind that is. I was really stressed about school in and of itself, and with Church and work, and kids, and now mom, I was getting to a point I felt I would be breaking down bad. I also have another added stress-my second councilor is moving, so I have to replace her. She is over scouts, and does THE best job and baptisms. I haven't had to worry about a thing since she's been in there, and now I worry about who will replace her and if she can do as good of a job. I guess I worry too much. And I wonder why I get migraines.!?!?!?.
This morning I woke up, and the house only had one wall of power. To make a long story short, the main circuit breaker fried up. The electrician was luckily able to get it fixed today, but our circuit breaker is old, and we need to replace it, but it costs about $1200 to do that, and takes several hours. We'll fix it if it becomes a problem, but we figure, if it's not broken, don't mess with it, and maybe, we'll be in a new home by then, and it will be someone else's problem.
Kylie had a teeth cleaning today, too. No cavities, just needs to brush better, and she is young to have lost a tooth already...most kids don't loose until closer to 6. I guess my kids are just early birds. All 3 of them lost their first teeth during the 5th year. She's such a good girl. She hates the fluoride, and sits there with a horrid look on her face, but she doesn't complain. She does what they tell her to do while they are cleaning, and she's so polite to them.
As we were leaving the office after her cleaning, she said "Now I'll have nice shiny, clean teeth to start kindergarten." Such a cutie!
Monday, August 7, 2006
Wanna hear about the weekend?
Posted by The Woodward Family at 3:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
I was primary president in a small branch in Texas. It was hard and I was working at Wal-mart there at the time and had hardly anyone I could call to do anything. I led music, did sharing time and subbed for classes when teachers didn't show. We only had one sharing time. I think there were 12 kids. Then I would go to work right after church. I had never been in primary as a kid-you know that and I didn't think I knew what I was doing. Since then I haven't been a primary president, thank goodness! But I have been a counselor in a ward primary and a counselor in the Stake primary and a counselor in YW twice, and a whole bunch of other callings. I like being the "Support staff" Right now I am leading music in primary and I really enjoy that.
Good luck in your quest for a new counselor.
Post a Comment