CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 31, 2006

I wonder what home is like...

I thought things would settle down when school started, but boy was I wrong. Between church, school, and life, I haven't been home once this week in the evenings, and I'm so tired.

Anyways, Monday evening was spent at Family Home Evening in the park, Tuesday I sat at the church for about an hour waiting to get a temple recommend interview with the stake. Last night we went grocery and school supply shopping. It's always an adventure shopping with 3 kids. Tonight I have a presidency meeting, and tomorrow night I have elected to go to the temple for the 7:30 pm session.

And to top it all off, my monthly "friend" Aunt Martha as I call it, was 10 days late, and finally came yesterday, and now I am in a very poor state with cramps. My hormones are all out of whack. I wonder if I'm starting menopause? Cuz I know there was no way I was pregnant. I had none of the signs. I always knew when I was pregnant, even with the ones I lost, before I was even late. With the 3 kids, and the 4 losses, I'm pretty sure I know the signs, and I had none this time. Thankfully. We don't want any more kids. We are so happy with our 3.

I went to Ross today to find a skirt I could wear to the temple. I don't want a temple dress, because everyone always has the same one, and I like to be different, and I thought a nice white skirt with a nice white shirt I already own, would be nice. However, the only white skirts they had were totally cheesy, so I thought I'd humor myself and look in the dress section. Guess what? I found a TOTALLY PERFECT dress and for only $15.00. I'm so jazzed! I just love Ross!

I am loving my digital camera and can hardly wait to download the images. Maybe Saturday evening...but no promises. The kids love that we have one now too. As soon as I snap the shot, they all have to see the image.

Siena is home for the season. She's such a big over grown horse of a dog. I love my little dog, so much easier in our little house. But I have some pictures of her finally. I use to take a lot of pictures of her when she was a pup, because she was just so darn cute, but I haven't developed those yet. She is 2 1/2 now...

Is it really the last day of August? What happened to June and July? Was I at Wild Island and miss the entire summer? Guess so.

Speaking of Wild Island, we are going Saturday and Monday, and then it will sadly close for the season. I will be in mourning...

Also, it's Rib Cook-Off time again. Driving through Sparks on the freeway is a very nice treat, it smells so good. My manicurist's husband ate lunch and dinner there yesterday. Lucky dog.

My neighbor's daughter has chicken pox, even though she got her shot back in November. She only has like a dozen or so pox on her, but yuck. I hope my kids don't get them. Anthony has never had them, and has never gotten the shot, and both the two little ones have had the shot. But obviously, the shot doesn't seem to stop kids from getting them since Syd got them.

I was six when I got the pox. I remember my neighbor bringing me a plate of rice crispy treats and a new puzzle to put together every day until I got better and could go back to school. And that's pretty much my memory of them...


Anyways, Latter my friends!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a good memory of Chicken Pox, I think all kids should still get them such good memories and TIME OUT OF SCHOOL!!! I remember sitting downstairs with MaryAnne and Molly Putting calamine on eachother and trying not to scratch! But we weren't in school!

Kim and family said...

My 3 oldest have had chicken pox. Kelsea had it the worst. Kylee was 6 months old. I have never watched one movie more times-Mary Poppins. We popped in movie after movie to keep her mind off the back of her legs.

On the Female issues-you sound peri-menopausal. You could try anything with soy in it. All the female supplements to help your hormones have soy in them. I have tried something with soy and black cohosh. I had started to flush all the time and it drove me nuts. It helps me a lot, I don't flush so bad anymore. It helps other things too. I hope that helps.