CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 25, 2006

Amazing what you can get done without kids around...

So I put the kids on the plane on Wednesday. They were so excited, I hardly got a good bye from them. Going through security as a non-flying person was interesting. They confiscated my hand lotion (forgot to take it out of my purse) and almost took my eye drops, until she asked if I wear contacts, which I do...My jewelry made the metal detector go off, and everyone had to remove shoes (how can anyone fit a bomb inside a flip flop that is only 1/2 inch thick? And like I said, I wasn't every getting on a plane...Whatever.

So, without the kids around, I have taken advantage of cleaning out their rooms of just about everything they own. Shoes, clothes, toys, and way more garbage than I care to describe in this blog. My kids are worse pack rats than I am, and that's so saying a lot. Needless to say, after 2 evenings of this, I am still not done. I have to go through Anthony's clothes still and get rid of most of it, then put it away, and I have to make Rhett's bed, and go through all the stuffed animals and pillows he sleeps with, and vacuum. I hope I finish tonight because in the morning I am heading to Yerington to see my parents, and the kids have to picked up at the airport at 2pm on Sunday. Wish me luck.

My sister Elaine was in a car accident on Tuesday and totaled her car. Luckily she was ok. She delivers newspapers very early in the morning, and fell asleep and hit a parked car. I'm just glad she was ok. And her husband is a mechanic, so all will be well...She has an old van she can use, and since her husband works at the Ford dealership, they get a good deal on a new car.

Jason and his brother are heading to northern Washoe co. As I type for Jared's antelope hunt. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he shoots a nice one nice and early and they get home quickly.

My back is just killing me from bending over cleaning the kids room. I wish I could go home now and just soak in a nice hot bath, but I am stuck here at work until around 6 pm tonight because it is our monthly inventory, and I have to wait for every truck to get back for Reno and Sacramento so I can post the monies...I have a Family Home Evening Book project to keep me busy here while I wait.

On LDSLIVING.com, I get daily e-mails that on Mondays, they have a FHE idea. I have been printing them out, and now I plan on putting them in a binder sorted by topics so for future reference, I can grab them easily. Plus they work great for sharing time ideas.

Anthony is in charge of the Youth Fireside next month. I feel it's going to end up being one of my jobs to do for him...why would I feel that way? Is it because he has no idea what they heck he's doing? Maybe.

I'm taking Monday off for the boy's first day of school. I'm going to take the boys to school and just kick back for the rest of the day. (Wild Island is closed, other wise I'd be there). Maybe I can soak in the bath...

So, you may not here from me until Wednesday next week.

1 comments:

Janika said...

I have had no kids around for a month now. The novelty has worn off. I might get a job just to fill the time. The come over most weekends, but they didn't this weekend. Mike and I just hung out all weekend, but I was going out of my mind. It was just too quiet. Still, enjoy it while you can.