CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Just another day...

The kids are leaving for Vegas this afternoon. I have to have them at the airport by 1:00. They packed on Monday, and put the bags in the back of the Suburban last night. They are so excited they even woke up when I said to, and without complaining this morning, and got dressed without as much of a fight as usual. It was nice.

It will be so quite with them gone. I plan on cleaning out their rooms while they are gone. That way I can get rid of things without them under foot trying to keep everything I toss out. And half of what they own they won't miss anyways.

The weather is changing...it started getting really windy this morning about 5:30, and it cloudy. Yuck. I'm not ready for summer to end. It looks like a winter storm outside the window here.

The kids finished swimming lesson yesterday. The two little ones improved so much over the summer. I am so glad my kids like to swim and like the water. Jason's family doesn't, and none of them even really know how to swim well (I'm surprised Jason even got his swimming merit badge). I was worried my kids might take after the Woodward family. I grew up swimming. Grandpa had a pool in his back yard when I was born, and my sisters had me in the pool when I was about 2 months old. I have pictures. So swimming and water fun have been with me forever. I'd have a pool in my back yard if I could afford it. Maybe some day.

Anthony made $10 mowing one of the neighbor's lawns last night. He has mowing Andrea's lawn most of the summer, and I made him mow hers and ours before he leaves for 5 days, and Ada came out and said she'd give him 10 bucks to do hers. If he got off his lazy butt, he could make some serious cash in our neighbor hood. There are like 16 houses on our street. Not everyone has grass, but most of them do, and I bet they'd be willing to pay $10 to have Anthony do it. I told him he should do it early next summer, but he wants to start working at Wild Island. I said to do both and make a ton of money.

Jason is going out of town with his brother on Friday for his brother's (Jared) antelope hunt. They will be back sometime Sunday. I hope Jared gets an animal on Saturday so they can get home early Sunday.

In packing up, Jason brought this bag in that has a scent thing in it that smells like dirt to put your clothes and shoes in so the animals think you smell like dirt instead of human. It is the most disgusting thing ever. My whole house smells like dirt now. I need to open the windows this evening when I get home to air the place out.

Next month for my sharing time in Primary I have to teach about Esther in the old testament. Any ideas out there for how I could do it? Especially for the kids under 7 years old? I thought maybe telling them the story and then letting them dress up and acting it out, but I'm not sure. For the older kids I thought of doing a word search. But again, I'm not sure. Any and all ideas would be appreciated.

0 comments: