I haven't talked to dad yet this morning; I figured I'd let him and Christy get up and get going...Elaine is coming up next weekend. She'll stay with me over night on Saturday.
Rhett really wanted to go see the cars for Hot August Nights, so I took him and Kylie to the Hilton and we walked around and looked at all the great old cars. My favorite is the Camero's. There was a blue one, just like I like. My total dream car. Dad had a camero when he met my mom, but he traded it in on a family car to fit my siblings, and then me when I came along. What a shame. He should have held on to it, imagine what it would be worth now. The kids had a lot of fun though. Rhett said he's going to get an old car when he can drive, and he's going to paint it
black and put flames on it. But he doesn't know what kind of car yet. He's cute. And he's such a boy.
Anthony had 2 baby teeth pulled on Monday. The adult teeth grew in crooked and didn't push out the baby teeth. He did good, hardly any pain and bleeding, and by today you can't even tell he had teeth pulled. His face was funny while he was still numb, and I kept making him laugh so I could see him drool and try to smile with a dead face-lips that wouldn't turn up, and cheeks that reacted weird.
Kids did well in swimming lessons yesterday, although I missed the whole lesson because I couldn't leave work early. And I didn't' have time to grab my suit, so I really can't wait to get to Wild Island on Saturday and do some swimming. I'm so sad it's August already...summer is just about over, and then the swimming and sunning will be done...so sad... :-(
The past two weeks we were in the midst of a terrible heat wave. Now all that heat has moved east, and we have really cooled down here in the west. Yesterday we only got to 85-not that that is cold, but it sure feels like it after being well over 100 for so many days. Those 20 degrees are a huge difference. I really notice the difference in the mornings when I get up to go running...I need a sweater...and it's darker now than it was...days are getting shorter.
Jason has arthritis in his shoulder that he had surgery on about 10 years ago. It could get bad enough that he may need a shoulder replacement in about 5-10 years. Yuck. Doctor told him to pretty much live on Aleve as needed for pain, and hot and cold packs. Like he has time for that...
Started having Ward Family Home Evening in the Park on Monday. It is a time when ward members can show up with diner, dessert, games, kites, or chairs and just sit and visit. It is so nice. I just love when we do them every August. It really draws us together as a ward family, and for me being in Primary, it's good to get to meet and visit with the sisters who are in Relief Society or Young Womens or who have just recently moved into the ward. Being that our ward takes in UNR, we get A LOT of the newlyweds that are also students living on campus. I never get a chance to meet and get to know a lot of them unless we call them to Nursery or Primary. And even then...we're so busy, you don't often get to visit.
Today looks like it's going to be a slow one here...have to find stuff to do. The first week after our monthly inventories are always slow for me-other than getting statements out on the 1st-which is why I didn't get to leave work early yesterday...but today...SLOW...SLOW...SLOW...
Wednesday, August 2, 2006
Things are better today
Posted by The Woodward Family at 7:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment