CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Things are heating up

It is 1:06 p.m. (pdt) and my desk top weather channel thing says it is 87 degrees. They are saying it should hit 93 today, and 99 tomorrow, and 100 by Saturday. WOOh HOOH!

I'm thinking the wedding Saturday is going to be outside, because there are something like 200 some odd guests. It is up in Virginia City at the Mackey Mansion, which has been made into a beautiful bed and breakfast. But then the reception is at the Delta Saloon...talk about red-neck. But, the lady getting married is Jason's co-worker, so we are like obligated to go. I received a wok for a Christmas present that I will never use, because I already have one, so I'm giving that as our gift. A pass-along gift...You know we've all received them and we've all given them...

I'm still bitter about my own wedding. For some odd reason, all our guests gave us picture frames for our presents. They were nice, but, come on, Jason and I were young, we were both leaving our mothers homes for the first time, and we had nothing. We needed plates, silverware, towels, pot and pans, you know, things you really need, but we got picture frames...half of the frames I didn't even use until after Anthony was born...2 years after we were married...So, now when I go to weddings, I have a hard time getting gifts for the newlyweds; I feel they should get picture frames...

Jason likes to buy gifts from their registries, but I have a hard time doing that. It's like they are begging for gifts. If you don't buy exactly what we want, than we don't want a present from you. A gift is supposed to be just that, a gift. Given by the giver as a nice thing to do. But it's all about the money and being better than the Smith's...I just have a hard time with that. Get over it. You're gonna get gifts you don't like, in the wrong color, and there will be duplicates. Deal with it. At least those attending your wedding brought a gift. They don't have to you know....

When Jason and I were living in Utah after we were married, one of my co-workers was getting married. I asked her what she wanted or needed. This sounds crazy, but she said of all the things she'd already received, she really needed a broom, a dust pan, a mop and a mop bucket. The place they had rented had no carpet, just lino, and she figured that she'd be needing the above mentioned items. So I got her those things. I got some strange looks when I went to her reception, but she later told me, it was the most practical gift she had received, and it probably had more use than all the other gifts combined. It's the little things like that that newlyweds need, not fancy china or silver they will only use twice a year...

When my brother-in-law and his fiance got married 3 years ago, they registered for things like a big huge flat screen tv, a gas bbq grill, a lawn mower, furniture, pictures for their house walls, huge ticket items. I'm sorry, first of all, they'd been living together for like 2 years, and they just wanted to upgrade from the crap they had (or what they perceived to be crap). Jason and I didn't get them anything. It was enough that they made all 3 of our children be in their wedding, and then her mother was rude to me because Rhett wouldn't stand still for pictures.(He was like 3 or 4, and hadn't had a nap). I had my revenge though, because they had left Rhett's diapers at their house, and so he was running around during the reception with no diaper on, and somewhere in the park, he took a crap...Never did find out if someone found it... It was a totally red neck wedding, but they tried to cover it up, which made it even worse. What ever-to each his own.

I'll probably go out to the water park again tonight. Can't go Friday with the wedding being in the middle of the day. Got to get the sun any chance I can. But tonight I have to color my hair (the greys are starting to scare me too much)(and I want to go red for the summer instead of brown) and I need to give my self a pedicure. I'll be busy tonight.

Watched the first show of Big Brother 7 last night. Could they have possibly picked more stupid people to put back in that house? Only like 3 of the people I want back in. The rest totally suck! And Cappy wasn't even an option. Anthony will be disappointed. I'm voting for Erika(my most favorite) Chicken, and Marcellas. I wish we could vote for people we DON'T want back in the house as well. I'd vote every 10 minutes for Jannelle, stupid little dumb blond bimbo! I'm sure she'll get back in because all the dumb men in the world think she's hot...if she does get back in, I just won't be able to stomach it, and I'll have to miss season 7. Even her voice grats on my nerves. I just can't stand her. If I ever passed her on the street, I'd probably have to spit on her...Hate her!!!

Sienna keeps getting out of the yard. She goes back to Carolyn on Sunday. I can hardly wait. She is such a pain in the butt. My manicurist said to put barded wire on the top of the fence like they do at prisons. I think that's not a half bad idea. Maybe if the idiot dog cuts herself up trying to scale the fence, she'll think twice the next time...She really has some springs on those legs of hers to be able to clear a 6 foot fence. Jason wants to put in an 8 foot fence, but I think the barbed wire would be more fun. Plus, it may deter the Stupid people mentioned before in my blog from trying to get in our yard and break into our house to find what they couldn't find in the trucks....I still hate stupid people. Always have, always will.

By the way, it has heated up to 89 degrees now...

0 comments: