So happy that I have tomorrow off. It is the last day of school for Anthony and Rhett. When they get home, we will go get Kylie and spend the rest of the day at Wild Island.
We went there on Saturday, and just had a great time. It wasn't too busy when we got there, but it picked up by the time we left. It was so good to swim and frolic in the water finally. I ended up with a ton of water in my ears, but I didn't complain. The water in the wave pool is still a little on the cool side, but the lazy river temp was great. We went around the river twice. Spent most of the time in the wave pool. Kylie is finally tall enough this summer to go down the slides by her self, so she had to go down the Tortuga. She had fun, but we didn't do any of the other slides yet.
I guess I am seriously out of shape. I had a hard time swimming the length of the wave pool, and Sunday and Monday, I was totally sore. I'm glad I will have a lot of opportunties to swim this summer, maybe I can kick my butt back into shape.
The kids start swimming lessons tonight at my father-in-laws community pool. He lives in a private gated community, and they have a lady that teaches all the kids how to swim in private lessons. The pool is really nice, and I'll be using the lap pool in my effort to get in shape.
Rhett had a little Bar b q at the park with his school today, so I went for a little while. His teacher this year has been so good, and I will really miss her. I will for sure be asking for her when Kylie gets to 1st grade next year. The kids had fun at the bbq-they ate, had bubbles, and were busy trying to catch frogs and tadpoles. It was nice to sit with Rhett and be with him while we ate.
Jason bought a book Sunday that is for SWAT physical training. I think we will both be doing it together. Some great workouts for getting in shape. He wants to be in shape by the time the next POST starts in October, in case he gets picked up by UNR PD or the Sheriff's dept. I sure hope he gets picked up by one of the agencies, it would mean only 1 job instead of two, and more money. He looked into the LV PD, and found they start out paying more, and you get more raises, but I don't want to move to LV. Sure it would be nice to be near my sister, but I think the heat would kill me, and I don't want to leave my job here. I like me job, and the thought of trying to find another job just scares me to death. But we'll see.
Had a great dinner Sunday~rib eye steaks, and king crab legs. YUM YUM. Working at a seafood supplier sure does have its perks. There were 3 legs left, and no one wanted them, so we gave them to our neighbors. They were so excited, and couldn't thank us enough.
I am so glad the weather has finally warmed up. It's supposed to be in the mid-90's today. It was weird to think on Saturday, while we were enjoying the nice warm weather while we were swimming, that just the Saturday before it was snowing. Stupid snow. I hope I don't see any of it for many months.
Had a small brush fire in the area yesterday. Luckily no homes or structures were lost, but there could have been. Thanks to our great firefighters, they do such a good job.
Anthony has an opportunity to go out to Fallon with Carolyn on Saturday. He'll make some money, but he'll miss out on Wild Island with me and his siblings.
Saturday morning we went to the annual Boy Scout Show and Breakfast. The proceedes of course go to help out he area's boy scouts. There were a couple of fire trucks, a cop car and motorcyle, the bomb squad, and the Highway patrol mobile unit there. Rhett had way too much fun climbing in and on the fire trucks. He wants to be a fire man when he grows up.
Kodi still in heat. Such a joy. Sienna has a rash on her belly that won't go away, so I have to go to the vet tomorrow to get special shampoo and ointment and take it out to Carolyn. Kirby of course is the best Scottie dog in the world, and I just love her. I tell her everyone should own a scottie dog in the world, and the world would be a better place to live, because everyone would be so full of love, and be so loved by their pecious scottie dogs.
It's a Scottish Terrier thing, you just wouldn't understand....
Tuesday, June 6, 2006
Much needed time off...
Posted by The Woodward Family at 2:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment