CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Smoke and rain

There have been so many fires started in the last 2 days because of the lightning, that you can't see across the valley because of the smoke. I didn't go running Monday or Tuesday. The smoke was just too thick. But, today, we have actually gotten some rain out of the thunder storms, and I can finally see across the valley. Earlier today, I couldn't tell if it was cloudy, smoky, or both. It was dark and dreary.

Luckily today is supposed to be the last day of thunder storms, and the coolest day of the week. Right now it's only 74 degrees. By Saturday, it should be nice and sunny and hot again, just in time for wild island.

And next week the forecast is great, which it needs to be because I will be taking the week off work, and the kids and I will spend it at wild island. Plus, with Tuesday being the 4th, good weather is a must. Right?

Due to the weather, no swim lessons again this week. I now have my doubts if Kylie will learn to swim this year...guess I'll really have to work with her next week.

I totally have vacation-itis. I don't want to do anything here at work. Lucky for me the days are going by quickly. Yesterday I had to leave early to take Anthony to the dentist. Today I did lunch with Jason (Johnny couldn't join us). I'll have to find something to do tomorrow. Thursdays are my slowest days. But Friday, I will be very busy in preparation for taking the week off.

The wedding on Saturday was nice. It was just as hot up in Virginia City as it was in Reno. It was in the garden as I thought it might be, but luckily we got seats in the shade. The reception was kind of lame, because to accommodate everyone, we were in two different rooms. And we had to leave before they cut the cake, because Jason had to be at work. But I tell you, it was so nice to get out of town if even for a little while with no kids. Just Jason and I. We walked the streets hand in hand, and went into the shops without reminding those with us not to touch anything, and that we didn't have any money and would not be purchasing anything.

Anthony had a great time at camp. He came home very tired and very dirty. He goes again in three weeks. He made a bunch of new friends, and had a lot of great stories to tell. He spent most of Sunday afternoon filling us in.

I can not believe it is the end of June already. Rhett starts summer school in two weeks, so that means school starts back up in 10, or something like that. Yeah for the kids to be in school, yuck for me. I so don't want to go back...I am totally burned out. Even when I'm not going, I'm burned out.

Ok, only 15 minutes until quitting time, so I guess I better get going on cleaning up and putting things away. Yeah, finally!!!

0 comments: