WOW! My desk top says it's 57* out there! But it's cloudy, so it doesn't look like it should be that warm.
Part of me says that's got to be wrong. The forecast was for only like 52*.
So, anyways, Anthony has his surgery to remove the thing on his face tomorrow, very, very early. We have to be at the hospital by 6 am. I think I am more nervous than he is. Maybe because I just had my surgery back in September...? I'm sure he'll be just fine.
Rhett is having a blast in Cub Scouts. Last night they made bird houses. He did really good. He is so good at making things like that. He has made several "toys" that are a wood kit without even reading the directions. He just puts things together using logic. He's a smart kid that way.
Cabelas is cutting hours because they are so slow (who isn't what with the weather and our failing economy?), so Jason may quit. He spends more in gas just driving out to the store than he makes (what with the price of gas these days). Too bad for the employee discount and my candles. Oh well, I guess I can pay full price if I have to.
I'm throwing a birthday party for Kylie the end of the month with a bunch of her friends from school. Trying to keep it simple and cheap, I figured I'd do the token cake and ice cream, and instead of making party favors and playing games, having the girls decorate canvas bags (in a small purse size) with fabric puff paints and stick on jewels. My question is, should I go with just that, or should I have something small for the girls to put in the bags? And if so, what? Let me know what you'd do.
This is Kylie's first birthday party with friends and invites, and she is just so excited. Keep in mind these will be a bunch of 6/7 year old girls...
Things are so slow around here at work, we had to lay off 3 people. Yuck. Makes me nervous...
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Warming Trend
Posted by The Woodward Family at 1:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
One suggestion-I have noticed that little girls in particular love to decorate cupcakes and its super chaep and they actually eat the cake more that way. Just but a bunch of different sprinkles and stuff. We did candy once but it was way to much sugar. Wal-mart has some really cheap crafts in the craft department that have all the parts you need to make like princess wands or puppets or book marks. It is really neat and like $5.oo for a set of like 30. There's an idea anyway.
I don't have really neat ideas like that.If you give me a theme I can build on it.
Kylie loves butterflies...so I was thinking of getting those kinds of things to glue on to the bags...
Kim mentioned bookmarks. The bags could be book bags. Maybe you could get some cheap paperbacks to give the girls, or do a book exchange, or give them some of Kylie's used books. Then make bookmarks with a caterpillar above and a butterfly below that says "Bookworm to Butterfly" Maybe put a cocoon in the middle. "Become the best that is within you"
Post a Comment