CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Good News

Rhett has decided to be baptized finally. Date is set for March 29. Jason's dad is going to do the baptism and we'll ask my dad to confirm him.

I am so happy he has finally made this decision. It's amazing how Rhett has grown in the gospel and in church since Jason has started going to church, we've been having regular family home evenings, and we got him his own scriptures. Even his teachers and the Primary president has told me how much he's grown in the last 6 - 7 months. It's amazing to see.

Having a great bishop to be there for our family has been wonderful. Jason has come so far because of our great bishop, and I know that he will continue to be there for us. I so know that he was called as our bishop. We just love him.

Anthony did well with his surgery. He has 3 small stiches that come out tomorrow, and a small incision that will leave a small scar. The first 2 I.V.'s they put in didn't work on his left hand, so another nurse finally got one in his right hand. He was pretty comical when he got the relaxing meds. I went to the bathroom right after the got the injection, and when I came back, he looked pretty drunk. I asked him how many beers he'd had, and he said, "I lost count after 5."

He woke up from the drug induced sleep really well, and we were home by 10:00. He only had to take 2 pain meds the whole weekend. He was back to school yesterday and seems to have hardly missed a beat. He's a great kid.

Jason went shopping for me. Kohl's was having a great sale, things are like 70% off, so I got 2 pairs of pants, a skirt, and a nice wool blazer for like $50. My hubby is the best shopper. He really has a knack for putting outfits together and making me look nice. I get compiments ALL the time. I love Kohl's for their sales. They have great stuff. My skirt was marked down to like $16, but it ended up ringing up for $7. I love deals like that.

The weather has been beautiful!! Today is supposed to get up to 64*. The record is 67* for today's date. We still have plenty of snow on the ground, however. But now they are saying we are below water levels and snow pack because of the levey break in Fernley last month. All that water flooded into the homes, and now we don't have any...I don't see how they say that, considering all that water just goes to Fallon to water all the ranches out there. Whatever.

I know this is only temporary, so I am enjoying it while I can.

I had my shot yesterday, and for some reason, my hip muscle really cramped up, and I have a quarter size bruise. Sitting hurts. Walking hurts. Sleeping last night REALLY hurt. And I have a small head cold, with the stuffy, running nose, sore throat, and a slight headache. No fever though. I put the humidifier in my room last night, and that helped a bit. I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired, though. I hope I get better soon, at both ends of my body.

2 comments:

Kim and family said...

You are still a whole lot warmer than us. We are still in the 40's. You are lucky, Lee Joe hates to shop. Glad to hear Anthony is recovering well and Rhett is getting baptized. I think Kylee can relate to your ouchy. She fell off some bars today and bruised her tail bone I think.

Janika said...

My husband loves Kohls and he makes me watch "What not to Wear" so that he is not the only one making me look good. I am fortunate that way, too. Sorry, Kim, Lee Joe comes from our family--that means you have to shop for and dress him.