CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 8, 2007

I'm here...

I have been soooo busy lately. I have had a ton of good intentions to sit down and blog and post some pictures, but, well, you know...

Rhett's 8th birthday was on September 27. He got books, clothes, and a punching bag (I think so he'll stop punching his sister) and a cordless guitar for Guitar Hero so he and his brother can play together (another reason for afore mentioned punching bag?) He had a good day. He is doing really good in school. I think he has finally realized that reading is actually a fun thing to do. One night, a UNR student was on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" and missed a question about "Green Eggs and Ham", so Rhett started reading it to find out what the answer was, cuz I wouldn't tell him, and he ended up reading the thing out loud for over an hour, over and over again. In the month of September, in class, he had to pass 2 AR tests, he did 6. He's at reading at about a 2.6 level.

Anthony is loving high school. His favorite class is German. His least favorite is biology, but when I told him he'd need all those science classes to become a paleontologist someday, his grades came up. He's so good at school though. All A's & B's. He got out of band and now he's in P.E. and has the football coach as his coach. Everyone knows he's Uncle Mark's nephew. Uncle Mark is a math teacher at the school and one of the football coaches. All the other kids think he's lucky. He doesn't think so.

Kylie loves school. So much in fact, one night we were sitting around having a family council and she said "I'm bored, can I do homework?" Crazy girl. Last week was the school's annual Chili Fest, and I think Kylie is little miss popular. All these other little girls were coming up giving her hugs and asking to run off with her to play.

It snowed here on the 28th, much to my dismay. Earliest snow in like 8 years or something like that. I was not happy.

Jason has been busy ripping out more walls in the house. We were going to start on the ceiling, but when he crawled up in the attic, we found we have blown in insulation, so that is going to be more of a project that we had hoped. My house is in total disarray right now, and everything is covered in white dust, and I have no shutters on my front window.

On a happy note, on Saturday, Jason got a letter from the Sheriff's office to go test on October 20. We are keeping our fingers crossed. It's time for him to become a police man.

I am feeling better, but the surgery wasn't a complete success, and on the 22nd I have to start monthly shots that will stop all estrogen production. I do 3 months of shots with 6 months off, with another 3 months, and then we'll see. If the shots don't work, the next step is to take it all out. With my family history, and my own as well, I'm sure in another year or so, I'll be going under the knife to get it all out.

And I have a little cold. Sore throat, achy, stuffy nose. I am taking Alka-Seltzer Cold and Airborne. I have to be stuck in computer training for the next 3 days, so I hope I feel better tomorrow, otherwise, sitting there I may just fall asleep.

Tonight for family home evening we are going to make the t.p. pumpkins similar to what Devanie made. I'll try to post a pic or 2. Which reminds me, we got a new camera, all fancy with bells and whistles, and it works great, but our computer leaves a lot to be desired...

2 comments:

Janika said...

Claire has a really high reading ability, but is a very poor speller--says teacher at conference last Friday. I read Dr. Seuss Books to my kids endlessly. Pretty soon it will be time to start that all over again.

The Woodward Family said...

My kid reads the Dr. Seuss books to me now!!!