CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Please just make it all go away....

So Tuesday afternoon, I was taking the car-pool kids home, and right around the corner from my house, the car died while I was driving it, which means, I lost ALL power; no brakes, no steering, nothing. I coasted to the side of the road, put the car in park, and it started right back up. Drove around the block to the house, drove back to work, and had no problems. Strange.

During this, my cramps started to get progressively worse, so after I got off work, I planned to go home and crash for the most part. But that was not to be. Jason called, and his truck totally died outside Sportsman's Warehouse. He called into work, but I had to go pick him up and spend the evening running around trying to get it fixed. I'm so glad I had the crock pot soup on so the kids could eat. We didn't get the truck running and had to run home to meet with the Primary councilor about Rhett starting Scouts, and then we ran back to the truck so we could get it towed to the mechanic. That never happened, because we found out the problem, but by that time it was like 10:30, and no stores that carried the part we needed were open. We had to drive my father-in-law back home way south of town because he was going to help tow it. I didn't get to bed until after mid-night, and then because my cramping was so bad, I never really got any sleep.

So, I called in sick to work yesterday morning. Jason was able to get the part he needed and got his truck ALMOST running. He drove it to the mechanic, I then had to take him to work clear across town, go to the bank because he didn't have a vehicle to do it, had to make it to my nail appt. that was too short of notice to cancel, and got a wonderful migraine in the middle of all this.

I was able to take some migraine pills and avoided the vision sparkle, but my head still hurt a bit and I was so tired. Unfortunately I still had to go shopping so my kids could eat, pick up the kids for the car pool, and get Jason from work.

I managed a 45 minute nap before I had to take Jason to his other job, only to come home to get Rhett and Anthony to the church. It was pack meeting, so I stayed, but I was glad, because visiting with my friends at church helped me at least feel emotionally better, if not loved at least by them. They all know my problems, and they feel for me. I came home, went to bed, and had to get back up at mid-night to go get Jason from work. And of course, someone had to be late for the grave-yard shift, so Jason got off late. I went home and went right back to bed.

Woke up this morning at 4:30 to get myself and everyone else ready, take the two little kids to Grandmas, Anthony to school, and Jason to the mechanic to get the truck.

Now I just feel wiped out, tired, crampy, and wish I could die. Like I said in the post the other day, this should be the last of the crampy crap I have to deal with. At least that's what I'm hoping for. I still have a small residual headache, but I usually do after a migraine, by Saturday I should be feeling better. Aunt Martha will be gone, and the headache will have flushed from my system.

So, enough of my worries and troubles. How are my friends out there?

3 comments:

Kim and family said...

I am in the same ocean as you trying to stay afloat. My bathtub has a leak and it is leaking on the bathroom floor downstairs through the drywall. I have to be careful because my clean laundry is in the drip zone. I had to rewash a half load becasue they got bleach water on them from my bleaching the shower curtain. My flat iron stopped working last night and I haven't been home since the kids got out of school and got home at 10 I should be in bed because I have to sub tomorrow and I won't be home tomorrow night until who knows when. Kelsea has Volleyball playoffs she could have two games, Kylee has a parent kid end of basketball season party, Autumn has a birthday party and Amber is marching at her last football game of the season. If you don't hear from me you'll know I didn't survive.

I hope you feel better soon. Broken down cars just suck bigtime. We have had our share and I hate that more than anything. Check your battery cables on your car. They could be loose. Lee Joe had the same thing happen last week on his truck. Good luck!

Kim and family said...

Long comment-sorry, I should be in bed.

Janika said...

Endurance: pushing through the wall. Never stop. Keep moving, or you will never get started again. Sometimes you just have no choice.