at least for a while. I started my Lupron shot yesterday to stop my body from producing estrogen, and the ugly period that started this morning will hopefully be my last. I have to have a monthly shot for the next 6 months, and they say about 6 -9 months after stopping the shot, periods will usually return, but by that time we hope to be able to afford to have all the parts out, so it won't really matter. With this shot, I am basically going thru a drug induced menopause, so I could experience hot flashes, night sweats, and other menopausal symptoms, but I figure those WAY out-weigh the problems I suffer every month for the first 3 days of my cycle, what with the HEAVY flow, the diarrhea, and the intense pain from the cramps, that no pain med seems to be able to touch. I guess we'll see how it all works out. Wish me luck. It's no fun getting a shot in the butt, but it only hurts for a minute, whereas the above mentioned symptoms last 3 days...
Today is my busy day from the time I get up, until I go to bed. I put a mix of stuff in the crock pot that will hopefully become a yummy chicken enchilada soup. I have to pick up my dry cleaning during lunch, pick up kids at school and do the car pool thing, go to my counseling session, rush home, eat, and then the Primary Councilor over Scouts is coming over to give Rhett all his stuff, cuz he gets to start going tomorrow...Plus, I have work in the middle of all that. Guess I should go do that.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Hopefully this is the last one...
Posted by The Woodward Family at 7:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment