CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

End of another month

I read on the Internet that Afton Fredrick passed away last Tuesday. She was 90 years old. It's a bad month for that I guess.

Other than my mom, my life has been crazier than usual. I'm just waiting for my breakdown to come, but so far, so good.

Saturday, Jason tore out the ceiling in the living room, and removed the awful insulation that was covered with 6-8 inches of 50 years worth of dust. We went to Home Depot to get all the new insulation, sheet rock, mud, tape, and paint. That took forever and a day, we rushed home so I could make cheesy potato soup for our ward Trunk Or Treat party, and so the kids could get in their costumes. Anthony was a rock star, Kylie a Butterfly fairy, and Rhett was a pirate. I was going to go as a rock star, too, but I didn't have time to make soup and get all the stuff out, and our house was in such disarray, I just didn't make it happen. The trunk or treat was fun though. My co-worker and her son came with us. I have pictures, but I have no idea when I'll get pictures posted (of both the house and the ward party)

Sunday, Jason stayed home from church to try to finish the ceiling, which he didn't and the rest of us went to church. I have been having headaches every day, so I cut out on Sunday school and came home to take something, then went back for RS. I was glad I did, both to get rid of the headache, and because RS was awesome.

Monday was crazy at work, we started a new computer system, and my head just wasn't in the game because of mom. It rained a little on Monday, and when I finally got home, Anthony and I were running around gathering up the Halloween decorations that the wind had blown all over and covering the sheet rock. Jason came home and managed to get the rest of the ceiling insulated, except for 3 strips because he ran out. He is off tomorrow and his dad is coming over to help him, so hopefully we can get everything done up to the tape and mud so on Saturday we can texture, and on the following Saturday we can start to paint. The goal is to have it DONE by the weekend before Thanksgiving so we can decorate for Christmas because we are going to Vegas for Thanksgiving. I'm not holding my breath. Of course, with my mom, any and all plans could be changed.

My sister, Elaine is coming up to stay with dad, and plans on staying until after the funeral. We both thought we'd be ok when it came to this, but we are both wreaks. I have been really relying on the Lord to get me through this.

This afternoon I have to pick Anthony and Kylie up early to take them to the dentist. Kylie has to have a filling, and Anthony is getting a cleaning. The dentist is clear across town. Sometime I think we should move to Sparks since so much of what we do happens over there..

Jason still hasn't heard from the Sheriff's office, we are keeping our fingers crossed.

After the dentist, I have to run to the store to get candy to hand out tonight. I'm hoping I get to bed before 10 tonite....

1 comments:

Janika said...

Keeping busy can be a good thing, but be sure to take a "day off" when it gets too much. Know your limits and know you're loved.