CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 19, 2007

Weekend update

The satellite guy finally came on Saturday!!!! Jason has been fighting with Dish Network since December 9 trying to get a broken box fixed, and getting DVR installed. To make a really long story short...Dish Network has screwed up enough we got the DVR box for free, we have 2 months free HBO & Cinemax, 1 month free local, and 1 month free unlimited pay per view. We've had about 12 appointments for installs, and the guy finally showed up! Jason is like a little boy on Christmas morning with the DVR now. He's so cute.

The weather was BEAUTIFUL on Saturday, and since I was finally feeling better, I worked outside a bit sweeping up the dirt from the flower pots the neighborhood cat scattered everywhere, and picking up the leaves from all the other trees that blow into our yard (I don't have any trees in the front yard, so none of the leaves are mine).

Kylie and Rhett spent most of the day outside with the boys across the street on their scooters and bikes and pogo stick. My driveway is now a beautiful work of sidewalk chalk art. Both kids received sunburns on their cheeks and noses.

The dish network guy finally finished up in time for Jason and I to sit down and watch the UNR basketball game on ESPN2. They played N. Iowa, and won, of course. The game was here at Lawlor, and I really wanted to go, but it was sold out. Found out later in the evening, we could have gotten two tickets in the 8th row from the manager at Wild Island, because he didn't go...I was not happy. Needless to say, I told Jason the manager has to take care of me now with passes, etc...:)

Ended up with a migrane Saturday night, with no meds to treat it, so I had to go to Wal Mart to get some. While I was there, Rhett got an i-tune card, so we came home and purachased a ton of new tunes for all our i-pods. I love my i-pod. It is stuck in my ear about 12 hours a day now that I finally have one of my own (don't have to borrow Rhett or Anthony's) Jason says I'm worse than the kids. What can I say, I love music?!

Church was great yesterday. It was High Council Sunday, and usually those are way boring, but yersterday I really needed the talks, and totally felt the spirit. It was so nice. Primary was great too.

I found a swim suit I really like on line, and printed out a picture to remind me to keep loosing the weight (up to 12 pounds gone now) and Jason ended up ordering it for me. Can't wait for it to get here, and for the right season to get here so I can actually wear it.

Oh, speaking of which, the season passes have now gone on sale at Wild Island, so I'm a happy girl. Job fairs start next month, Anthony will be applying for a food runner job. It'll be cool to have him working there...we get 1/2 price food when he's working. Food there is expensive.

Talked to my dad last night. Mom is not doing good at all. She seems to just be in a fog all the time now. She's getting to where she doesn't recognize dad, and barely acknowledges him when he's there, and she has completely lost control of her bodily functions. It's hard on dad. I know mom is in oblivion, but those of us with our minds still in tact, have a very hard time with mom like this. I just pray the end is near for her. She needs to leave this world and go home to her loving Heavenly Father and join the family that has gone ahead of her, and be hole again.

I'm so grateful for the gospel that gives me the peace I need to get through mom's disease and eventual death. I know she will continue to live after she leaves this world, and I know I will see her again, and she will be healthy again. How grateful I am for that knowledge and understanding.

1 comments:

Maryanne said...

I'm so sorry that your mom is not doing well. We are lucky that we know the truth about the after life. I have never ever had any trouble with my DVR. and we love it. I don't know what we would do without it.