CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I hate the wind...here's why...

When I was 7, and we were building our house, a huge wind storm blew the roof off our house, and the trailer we were staying in was very noisy, and shook a lot. Because I was only 7, I was scared to death, and ever since then, I have hated the wind.

I drive a Suburban. It is high profile. The winds just blow me all over. You'd think as heavy as the Suburban is, it wouldn't be so bad, but it is. I don't like driving much anyways, and the wind doesn't help.

Several years back, the winds were getting up to like 80 mph, and it busted my flag pole, blew some cement off the top of the chimney, and blew down the fence in the back yard.

Jason replaced the fence,but the wind yesterday decided to undo that. The wind must have gusted so hard, it snapped the 4x4 right at ground level where it was cemented in the ground. The fence fell, Kirby and Sienna got out.

I was sitting at a friends house doing my visiting teaching, and I got a call from my vet office that a lady had found Kirby and had her, but she couldn't get Sienna to come to her.

I went and picked up Kirby, luckily no harm done, and went home to drop her off. Sienna came home on her own, and the kids were out looking for Kirby, not knowing I had gotten her.

Jason had to go in late to his security job to be able to fix the fence so we could let the dogs out to go potty. The fix is only temporary, and I'm totally afraid the wind today will undo the fix, and the dogs will get out again. (or have to be stuck inside, with us going out to watch them go potty so they don't get out...)

Anyways, to make a long story short, I HATE WIND!!!!

2 comments:

Kim and family said...

Whenever we go to visit there I can't believe how much the wind always blows. I had forgotten and I don't miss that at all. It is only windy here if there is a storm and it usually isn't that bad but there are so many trees in Boise when it does blow hard the trees suffer alot of damage.

Janika said...

What are you doing in Nevada, Dove? Do you have an exit strategy for an oceanside, palm-treed, tropical locale? It seems to me that your life will be meaningless until you do. Until then, Let it blow, let it blow, let it blow.