CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 24, 2006

I became a statistic...

Jason and I got up and left the house at 4:30 this morning to hit the sales for a few Christmas items...we were at Wal*Mart by 4:55, but they wouldn't let you even touch the items until 5:00, when someone announced on the loud speaker that we could shop. Rhett and Kylie are getting a TV and DVD player. We picked up some more lighted candy canes for the yard...for a total of 36 now...then we headed to Target. It didn't open until 6, so we sat in the warm truck and made fun of all the people lining up in front, and around the side clear to the back of the store in the freezing cold. We got out of the truck about 5:55 and waiting in the shorter of the two lines that moved pretty fast, and got in and out with Anthony's TV he bought with his birthday money in about 3 minutes. Then we headed across the street to home depot so Jason could get a new ladder for only $20. We stopped at McDonald's for breakfast, and we got home by 7:00. Only 3 more gifts to go, and stocking stuffers, and we are done!!!! The decorations go up tomorrow, after Jason gets done ripping out the front wall today...

Yesterday, Rhett donned his hammer and helped Jason rip out the wall. He had so much fun, did a good job, and took great pride in getting more done than dad. Dad was removing the sheetrock from the 12 inch beam above the window, so he couldn't just hammer and tear, he had to use a pry bar and a flat edge screwdriver...it was fun to watch them, but what a mess. My home is in utter chaos right now. I'm looking forward to the holiday's when the house stays nice and clean.

Jason is off today, but I'm stuck working because my company is at the fiscal year end, and it is monthly inventory...so I get to sit her and wait for trucks to come back from their deliveries so I can post monies and do the deposit. Fun, fun...not!

Turkey day was nice. I got up and made pancakes and sausage. Dinner was at my sister-in-law's house. She did all the work. All we had to do was show up and eat. She's a great cook, and really enjoys cooking, unlike myself.

However, on a pretty funny, yet disappointing note...about 16 years ago, Jason's grandmother made the pumpkin pie and forgot to add the sugar. It has been a joke for all these years now, and we all remind everyone about it. Well, guess what Tami did? She forgot to add the sugar! I think forgetting sugar in the pumpkin pie is a family trait. Anyways, it just didn't feel quite like Thanksgiving without the pumpkin pie, but I guess I don't need it anyways...a moment on the lips, forever on the hips.

1 comments:

Kim and family said...

Lee Joe went out and was hoping to play basketball after he hit 2 stores. He stood in checkout for an hour at Best buy and then he went to circuit city, found one of the 2 things we wanted there and then decided that it wasn't worth standing in line so he left and missed basketball all together. I went out at 7:30 last night. It was quite pleasant by then.