I don't know what it is about our little OLD home, but it loves to get leaks here and there and then repair itself.
The toilet leaks every now and then for a few days, then stops. The bathtub faucet drips sometimes, the kitchen faucet leaks when it's on around the base. Well, now the disposal leaks when you use it, so I have a bowl under it and try not to use it unless I absolutely must. Easy fixes, not that big of a problem to deal with.
The doggies and kids tend to leak from time to time, as well. Maybe even the parents leak, I don't know.
But, now, the washing machine has decided to leak. But it is no small leak, and it doesn't seem to be repairing itself.
As I said, our house is OLD. Built in 1953. However, our washer and dryer are not. Our laundry room is an outside room. To get to it, you have to step outside the sliding glass door and down 2 steps. The room is fully insulated and carpeted with 1970's indoor-outdoor carpet. What a pain it is when the washer and/or dryer decide not to work because the room is my "catch-all" room, is pretty small, and you have to take the door to the room completely off to get the machines in or out (after I move all the stuff that lives in there) Seriously, there isn't even enough room to pull the machine out and work behind it; it has to come out and the looking and working has to be done in the back yard.
So, I guess we're lucky the weather is nice and warm.
I did laundry anyways over the weekend because I needed clean clothes, and in so doing, I just added to the leak. At least I'm not worried about the ugly carpet.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Water
Posted by The Woodward Family at 3:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
Sounds like a leak we had before I got my front loader washer. I pulled the washer from the wall so that the water went down the drain in our laundry/bathroom. Until it became a river. You gotta do what ya gotta do! Too bad we can't just go get new clothes when the other ones get dirty.
Post a Comment