CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm Afraid to Ask...

because I'll just jinx myself, but, when's it gonna end?!?!?!?

So, here I am sick, and have no time off since I used all my paid time off last month, and just couldn't wait for the work day to be over so I could go home, take a hot bath, be warm, and go to bed.

Well, the stars didn't align for that to happen. I got home, but it wasn't warm. Early evening is usually when I get my wonderful hot flashes (yes, I LOVE THEM), but I just was freezing yesterday. I sat in the recliner with a blanket, but as the sun set, it just got colder.

Now, I know I'm sick, but I was colder than just sick cold, so I went to check the thermostat, and it was 58*, yes, you read it right 58DEGREES! In my house. What the??????

Yeah, the heater decided to not work AGAIN. Only this time, no amount of beating it, pleading with it, crying, complaining, or PRAYER would get it to run. So I got our tiny little, ancient space heater out, put it in the bathroom, shut the door for about half an hour, and then ran a hot bath. My hot flashes finally started, I ironed my clothes for work today, and went to bed. With about 12 blankets on me. Every one but J had about 12 blankets on them. Kirby even slept right next to us ALL night long (generally she likes her space)

So, when I woke up this morning (feeling just as crappy from this crappy cold) it was 55* in the house. We got ready and out the door in record time this morning so we could get to places where the heat actually worked.

J stayed home from work today to run a new line for the thermostat, and our Heating guy will be at our house around noon. If they can't get it working today, I may be staying in a hotel tonight.

1 comments:

Kim and family said...

Nothing worse than feeling sick and super cold at the same time. So sorry. I hope your heater got fixed.