Well, it has been 6 weeks since my surgery now. I am feeling SO good now. Better than before the surgery, in fact. I'm super glad I decided to have it done, and that my doctor agreed with me and did the surgery.
I go in for my 6 week check up with the doctor this afternoon. I'm hoping he'll release me back to full activity. I'd really like to start running again.
Not to make anyone jealous or anything, but in the past few weeks (once the swelling and fluid retention from the surgery went away) I have been loosing weight, and I haven't had any physical activity. I guess I'm going to be one of those lucky few that get to have a hysterectomy, go on HRT, and get skinny again. I actually weigh less now than I did before the surgery, so I know I'll drop even more once I can start working out again.
The only side affects of the surgery and the HRT, both good and bad, that I've had so far are, Very dry skin (but, hey, I can buy lots and lots of lotion) an occasional hot flash here and there (but only seem to happen in the evenings), my hair and nails are growing like crazy, and yes, I'm LOOSING weight.
All in all, how I'm feeling now sure makes up for the few weeks of pain and suffering after the surgery. I know I will never regret having it done. EVER!
Friday, January 16, 2009
6 Weeks
Posted by The Woodward Family at 9:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
my sister has discovered kreal oil. I'm sure if that is how it is spelled. Any it's the oil from the shrimp whales eat. It is supposed to be a super omega 3!! My mom is taking it and her skin is so much better.We are going to try it for Rod's hip. It is from the makers of Malaluca. I will get you more info if you want. See you later!
my mom used to be a maleluca lady. She used to use every product they made. She swore by it. You'll have to let me know.
I'm pretty sure you're losing weight, not loosing...that would be yucky :)
Great lesson today!
Post a Comment