CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Todays smokey skies

The visibility is about 1.25 miles...Air quality has been down-graded to "poor" by the Health Dept.

My head is killing me. The smoke is so bad, the migraine pills aren't working so well.

Thankfully, the AC at home is working now.

The smoke is so thick, I feel like it's cloudy and shouldn't be as warm as it.

The state of California keeps upping the number of fires burning...this morning they are saying over 1000. Serious? It went from over 500 to over 1000 in two days, and there haven't been anymore lightning storms. Seems a bit over exaggerated to me. I think they are just saying that because the smoke is so bad. It sounds better to say so many fires are burning when we can't see more than 2 miles.

Yeah, whatever, California!

Rhett thought it was snowing this morning when I opened the shutters, and after posting this picture from the local newspaper, I can sure see why he thought that. Luckily, not snow, but I'm not sure the smoke is any better than snow. And you all know how much I HATE snow!

2 comments:

Janika said...

Man, you gave me a lot to catch up on. I have been busy creating another blog and trying to make a difference in my home, which I am presently avoiding. Texas often looks from the inside like a cool cloudy day, but outside it is downright ugly. The only difference is water vapor instead of smoke particulates.

Kim and family said...

Janika, I don't miss that for one second. I keep saying that. I was so bummed my sister was going back to Texas because I don't want to go back there. I was there 4 years too long.

Dove, hopefully the fires ease up soon. It is awful early for them to have that much going on. Otherwise it will be a long miserable summer if it keeps up. Maybe you should try a neti pot. Just a thought. Good luck!